Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

Using Debit Card Machine over Rocket Hub

I've Been Here Awhile
louisgaal

Hi.

I am trying to use my Ingenico 5100 to process debit cards over the rocket hub's voice portal.  I've added the public IP option but I still can't get it to connect and complete a debit transaction.  Credit cards are no problem.

Do I need to configure the rocket hub in a certain way to do this?

Please use plain text.

Re: Using Debit Card Machine over Rocket Hub

I'm a Trusted Contributor
skinorth

@louisgaal:

your posting raises interesting points:

1. you state that you are using the "voice portal" to do your connection for the Ingenico 5100.  This should be entirely independent of the data side of the RocketHub.  Why then would you need a public IP address?  I would suspect that this type of connection is similar to a modem on a dialup line.

2. what make and model of RocketHub are you using?  This is definitely information we need to understand your problem.

3. I know certain types of Rogers RocketHub (e.g. Ericsson W35) do not support FAX connections over the unit, even though it has that functionality built in by Ericsson.  It is possible that you are encountering this kind of issue.

skinorth

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
louisgaal
I'm using the 3G10WVR from Netcomm. Essentially, I plug the 5100 into the phone jack of the 3G10WVR under the assumption that the 5100 could dial out to process the debit cards.
I was confused by the IP suggestion, but assumed it afforded a higher level of security.
According to Roger's tech support, that's all I would need to do.
Please use plain text.

I'm a Trusted Contributor
skinorth

@louisgaal:

it is interesting to consider what you are doing.  Naturally, given that one of the reasons for owning the RocketHub is to use it for Internet access.  I had not considered the issues relating to running a dialup modem over the voice connection.

As far as I know, the Internet access/data functionality of the RocketHub is completely separate from the voice capabilities.  Based on my experience with our RocketHub voice connections will keep on working while the data connection is compromised in for example low cellular signal strength situations.  In fact voice connections can be maintained over 2G cellular connections, while the data/Internet connection would be dropped.

In thinking about your situation, my first instinct would be to investigate parameter settings relating to your dialup data settings for both your credit card and debit card accesses.  Does the device have any kind of logging capabilities;  is there a support line you could contact to get help with your situation for the debit connections?

skinorth

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.
socialicon Facebook Helps Compliment Concern

Welcome

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades

Pour notre communauté en français cliquez-ici!

© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications