cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News Letter E-blast

Bernie2
I've been around

Can anyone recomend a program used to send out Newsletter to a group (Club Members) ?

Thanks

Bernie2

4 REPLIES 4

Re: News Letter E-blast

RogersCilio
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @Bernie2,

Welcome to the Community! 

Outlook is usually my go to. You can always create a distribution list/group with outlook to E-blast your News letter :).

Hope this helps

RogersCilio

@RogersCilio wrote:

Hey @Bernie2,

Welcome to the Community! 

Outlook is usually my go to. You can always create a distribution list/group with outlook to E-blast your News letter :).

Hope this helps

RogersCilio

Greetings RogersCilio,

Thanks for the contact. Here are more details to chew on.

I'm using Windows 7 with Windows Live Mail - Outlook is / was my choice when using XP and worked just fine .Now with  7 there does not seem to be software that is easy to find as yet. I have 300 members to consider with the Newsletter and    have been using "PIMEX" ( old )  which is not supported anymore and  will not work on Rogers.com -   I'm open to learn as always .

Cheers

Bernie2

Outlook is  Office suite software-  Windows Outlook Express does not look like it is supported on Rogers . TRUE ? 

BS
I'm a senior advisor

@Bernie2 It took me a couple of readings to realize you were asking about outlook express.

Yes, you are right, when Windows 7 came out, it was dropped and replaced with Windows Live.

If you have the "store file" for your original outlook express, you can import it directly, with all your distribution lists into Windows Mail.

You can also make the jumpt to working live with your email on the Microsoft Servers - Outlook is free to use at outlook.com  It give you some cloud storage which can be increased at a cost, but in terms of email storage, you will have plenty of space.

It also includes a basic full Office version which includes Outlook.com, so you can also use Office products live, but not standalone.

I am hoping you have your original data imported to Windows Mail.  You would have imported a .wab file.

It should have brought your distribution lists over with you at that time.

I could probably help you a bit more if you could tell me the following -

Do you still have the original computer with mailing groups in contacts on your outlook express on it - It is probably going to be Windows XP, so airgap it by not connecting it to your internet?

Did you export your .wab file from outlook express to windows live when you switched to 7.

If you did, technically the distribution lists should be there.

If they aren't, and you still have the .wab file from your older outlook express, you could try an import again.

I am not fully experienced in doing this - I las did this with my Father-in-Law (about 6 years ago) when he went to 7 - it drove him nuts, and we eventually moved him to Windows Live Mail on the Internet as he had an account already with his Bell Sympatico account (not named that anymore) which is just Windows Live accounts and feature sets.

He preferred having his data stored on his computer because he felt more comfortable with it stored on his old computer, and backup up.  He knew how to deal with the Express files of CSV and .wab and .PST that had been the standard for well over 15 years. He liked express, which we convinced him finally after lots of moaning and groaning (he is 82 after all), we have eventually got him live, so depending upon what you say to the questions, I may be able to locate references to guide you, or you can search export Outlook express groups, import outlook express groups to windows mail, or windows live mail if you decided to go live on the Internet, or you go to Outlook.com  That will give you the Outlook interface that you were used to in Outlook express, or at least close.

As for choice of best software, any of the current clients online, or standalone clients can all handle groups relatively easily (just some learning curve), but Outlook.com will work well for you, but available live only on Internet - no standalone.  Windows Mail is available for your Windows 7 and upwards, but it will involve a bit of a learing curve as it has a considerably different layout - it was originaly designed for screens on Windows Phone Devices.

Good luck, Bruce

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation