Home Phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Call Display on TV.

[ Edited ]
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers Call Display on TV.

[ Edited ]

Our answering machine won't light up when new messages have been received.  Could this be due to our Rogers voicemail which we retain solely for its call display on tv feature?  We enjoy this display feature but need our answering machine to visibly indicate outstanding messages. Is there an option of having the Rogers TV call display incoming calls but without having Rogers voicemail?   

***edited labels***

Re: Rogers Call Display on TV.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Subscribing to Rogers Voicemail is not why you get TV Call Display. TV Call Display is a result of you already being a subscriber to call display on your phone. If you cancel your Rogers Voicemail, your TV Call Display will remain unaffected. If your answering machine does not light up when you have new messages, I would think there is something wrong with your answering machine and has nothing to do with Rogers.

Resident Expert

i suspect the rogers vociemail is picking up the calls before your answering machine gets a chance to, thus its not indicating new msgs on your answering machine.  having both an answering machine and voicemail on the same line are not compatible or not recommended.

I Plan to Stick Around

Whenever I receive an incoming call, I could see the number on my TV screen. Last one week or so I don't see the number on TV. Any reason? How do I get to see the numbers again on TV screen? Are there any settings?

Retired Moderator

Hi @THAMUN,

Thank you for your patience, I understand your TV Call Display pop-ups has stopped working about a week ago. Has anything changed since it stopped working? Have you received any black screen/not authorized issues on your digital cable box before it stopped working? What's the model number of your digital cable box? Have you tried rebooting the digital cable box? The TV Call Display will also stop working if the snooze function was enabled, once snooze has been enabled, the Call Display on TV service will only be turned on once the time has expired or the digital cable box has been rebooted.

Regards,
RogersArthur

I'm Here A Lot

I have now got the same problem with the caller's number not dispalying and I have NOT changed any settings or enabled the snooze function.

I am not sure what the relevance of the model number of the digital cable box could be in solving this problem?

Retired Moderator

Hi @alanj,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forums!Smiley Happy

I understand the frustration, we can definitely try to assist you. When was the last time your TV call display worked? Is the issue only happening with calls from several cellular devices or just one? Is it still working for LAN lines? We just like to check the model number of the terminal box as a part of troubleshooting to confirm the following compatibilities:

• Available on only 1 RHP line. If the customer has 2 RHP lines, each with call display, they will need to choose which line will have the service.
    • Won't lose Call Display on the second line.
    • TV Call Display will remain visible to each of the televisions which have compatible Digital Terminals.
  • Not compatible with:
    • Pace 501 and Pace 551
    • Scientific Atlanta 2000 and 3100 HD
    • Cisco Digital Transport Adapter 50

Thanks

RogersArthur

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Rogers Arthur,

Thanks for the reply. Still experiencing the same problem. TV not displaying the incoming calls still. Nothing has changed since it stopped working. Did not receive any black screen/not authorized issues on digital cable box before it stopped working.

My digital box model is NextBox, CISCO 9865HD. I did not try to reboot the digital box. How do I do it? I did not do anything about snooze function.

Thanks in advance.

[ Edited ]
I'm Here A Lot

[ Edited ]

Hi Roger

Without even doing anything 3 days later the call display just reappeared!

Thanks for your reply.

Alan

[ Edited ]
Retired Moderator

[ Edited ]

You're welcome @alanj, happy to hear the TV call display started working for you again, thanks for sharing the information with the rest of the Community.Smiley Happy

For @THAMUN I've seen some cases like this before where for @alanjit stopped working for no reason and eventually the issue resolves itself. @THAMUN, to reboot the Cisco® Explorer® 9865HDPVR (Nextbox 3.0) unplug the box for 10-30 seconds then plug back in. If you're still experiencing the issue, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps the next time you're online, you can click here to access your inbox or click here to learn more about our Private Messaging system.

Thanks,
RogersArthur

What's New!

Hey Community,

We are aware of the sign in issues on the Rogers Community Forums. We want to apologize for the inconvenience and let you know that we're working on a fix.

In the meantime, if you are experiencing issues, please try to clear your cache/history and attempt to sign in again.

Thank you for your continued patience and making the Rogers Community Forums a pleasant place to be.

----------

COPA AMERICA 2016
June 3rd - June 26th, 2016
Full Details and Schedule

Group Matches
Super Sports Pak: 461 | 462
Price: $35.95/month*

* requires minimum 4 month subscription

Playoffs
Sportsnet PPV: 348 HD | 350 SD
Price: $9.99 - $19.99/game

The COPA AMERICA CENTENARIO, which is being contested in the United States for the first time, celebrates the tournament’s first 100 years and features 16 national teams from the Americas, with Argentina, Brazil, Mexico and the United States the top-seeded teams in each group.

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 in conversation