1. Verify that all of your telephone sets are on the hook (hung up) and properly connected to the jack.
2. Try the telephone set on different phone jack in the house.
3. If possible, try another telephone set (preferably not a cordless set - these types of sets can pick up interference, even when not in use).
4. Unplug all of your telephones from the jacks and try one phone on its own (this ensures that no other equipment or set is causing the problem).
5. Verify that your Home Phone Terminal is functioning correctly by checking the LED patterns. During normal operation, all of the lights on the Home Phone Terminal will remain on except for the Link LED.
6. If all the lights are on except for the Link LED, take a corded phone preferably, to the Home Phone Terminal. There should be a telephone wire plugged into a port labeled TEL 1/2 or TEL 2 located on the back of the Terminal. (Ethernet port is always deactivated) Remove the telephone wire and plug in your corded phone in both TEL 1/2 and TEL 2 ports and check for dial tone.
If there is a dial tone in one of those ports, it is likely a problem with the wiring inside your home.
If the phone does not work in either port, it is likely a problem with the Home Phone Terminal or the Rogers network.
Please contact Rogers Home Phone support at 1-888-ROGERS1.
Click on the thumbs up image to like a post or a fellow member of the community.
And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the Options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for -- it'll help our community grow stronger.
Hello, i'm lissa crofts son, i'm trying to figure out this phone thing, i tried moving it and everthing, but no matter what, there is no lights what so ever on the phone modem, which means no dial tone, if you could please contact my mom via email so she can get a technician out here asap please, because again, there is no dial tone, so she cannot call this in, please reply as this is urgent.
Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! A place to
discuss questions related to Rogers products and services. It's always a good idea to "ask a question" into search, the community may already have the answer.
New! Introducing a new feature: groups. Read more.