Home Phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: blocking calls

Resident Expert

I didn't think it was.
Never used it myself.

The full online management thing is a paid service per say, it's one of the features you can choose when selecting the # of features depending on the home phone package.

I've Been Around

Thank you for your very helpful posts!  A phone call to customer service about this left me baffled and my web saerch for Rogers technical support on this issued turned up nothing.  Your post has liberated me from wasting any more time searching for an answer. 

I'm very surprised that Rogers doesn't interpret your complaint (and I'd wager several similar ones) as an opportunity to give you a "discount" (like how about free for the first year or something) as a loyal customer and offer it to newbies like me in a more open customer-friendly format. That would generate a whole lot more good will on this forum than our current expeiences are generating.  Smiley Sad

I'm a Regular

It's been my experience that Rogers and Bell don't have much use for long-time customers. I'm of the opinion now that we should be treating them like insurance companies and change every so often so you're a new customer eligible for discounts and special offers.

I've Been Around

excellent post, i have just done this by switching to rogers from Bell. I will switch back if annoyed by rogers or a beter deal comes along.

I've Been Around

anyone can help me how to block some people to call to my home phone

Highlighted

I Plan to Stick Around

I was getting up to 5 calls a day from a number so I decided to get the Home and Away Manager to block calls. All was quiet for a couple days then they started again. My call display now shows the same number, but without the leading 1. I contacted Rogers support and he told me sorry you cant block certain numbers because call display is not showing the actual number they are calling from. Funny thing is, I called the number back and a recording said "This person is not available please leave a message for rogers outbound"  Actually it is hard to understand, but sounds like rogers outbound.  The area code is 855 and from what I can gather, not region specific and a toll free number. I am guessing (and probably wrong) that Rogers is paying a telemarketing firm to spam numbers.I think Comcast in the states have a feature to block entire area codes. Now this feature would work for me.

TL;DR   Rogers call blocking doesn't work for the major spammers

Resident Expert

Problem is.. something like caller ID, is not a HARD CODED thing, per say.

There are MANY phone systems, which can change the caller ID your end perceives, at will.  It technically could call you and show one number, hang up, call you back, showing a completely different one.

The people making these calls, use things like this, to avoid call blocking, on having 'their number' investigated, etc.

Resident Expert

yeah they like to call back using a different number all the time.

I'm Here A Lot

In other words, your answer should be

"No, you cannot block any number on a Rogers Home phone unless you pay an extra amount on your already high enough phone bill".  

Period.  End of story

I've Been Here Awhile

Doesn't work.  Get no busy signal, nothing.

Topic Stats