Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

Extreme Changes - WHEN?

I've Been Around
drl

I heard that December 1st I'd be moved to the 45Mb/s download, 4Mb/s upload for the extreme plus tier, but still sitting at 35mb/s and 1mb/s up. i have the smc docsis3 modem so i would believe i'm eligible yes/no?  I'm out in Pickering as well. I know the area can get 75mb/s down and 2mb/s up (i downgraded from ultimate and was getting those speeds before)

Please use plain text.

Re: Extreme Changes - WHEN?

Resident Expert
Gdkitty

any of the automatic upgrade,  yes should have been done by today.. at least by their messages. (weither there are delays, that i dont know/havnt heard)  I knoww where i am, i have got my epxress upgrade already about 2 weeks ago.

If by tomorrow, it hasnt changed (just saying give it till the end of today) give them a call.  Only thing i could really think of, is possibly that possibly you are set up on the WRONG plan, and it wasnt set to upgrade?.
Like how for extreme, there are 2 plans.. one for the D3 modems and one for the D2... you cant have the faster package on the D2, but you can have the slower on the D3.  only the D3 plan is to get this upgrade.  I wonder if something like this has happened?

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
Fookaroo

I have Extreme right now, seems like it was update:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2349347852.png

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
Resident Expert
jimboden

I have the Rogers Extreme plus service and started noticing a huge jump in both download and upload speeds a couple of days ago. I use either the Rogers speed test or Speedtest.net and get the same results. I thought it was a fluke, but it's still happening today. I used to get roughly 50mbps download speeds and no more than 1mbps upload speeds. Since I noticed the change, I'm getting almost double my normal download speeds (in the range of 90-100mbps) and around 4mbps upload speeds.

Has anyone on these forums experienced this?

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
Resident Expert
Gdkitty

You must have missed the memo :smileyhappy:

As of december, pretty much all of the rogers packages, as long as you are running the newer D3 gateways, have all got increased down/up speeds.

Your down will be higher (though inflated on a speed test, due to speed boost) but at base has increased to 45.  And your upload, is showing correct, it was increased from 1 to 4.

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
Resident Expert
jimboden

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I know all this was supposed to happen in December, but this is the first time I've seen any evidence of it. Up until a couple of days ago, I was still getting 1mbps upload speeds. Speedboost isn't something new, but maybe they've changed how it works. I have actually seen download speeds way over 100mbps but, once again, this only started a couple of days ago. Prior to that, I was getting a fairly respectable 50-60mbps download speed. I can also see higher download speeds on my iPhone through my wireless connection. It's consistently hitting about 28mbps and upload speeds are actually higher than on my computer at somewhere around 5mbps.

This is all good stuff, of course. I'm not complaining.:smileyvery-happy:

Edit: Too funny. Right after I posted this, I received an email from Rogers telling me they've increased my Internet speeds.

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
Resident Expert
Gdkitty

hah, maybe your area was delayed, so they sent you the email later, letting you know it was done :smileyhappy:

Mine was updated, about a wee before the dec date.

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
Resident Expert
jimboden

You probably hit the nail on the head. I didn't think about delays in different areas. I'm in Toronto (East York) in the Woodbine/Danforth area.

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
Resident Expert
Gdkitty

My understanding was they were SUPOSED to be done by Dec 1st.. and most people that i now of had them done by then.. but thats not to say there wasnt delays.

Glad to hear its up and fast for you :smileyvery-happy:

I am on express.. and going from 512 to 2m.... HOLY COW you notice the difference.

Please use plain text.
Announcements
Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Latest Blog Post: Introducing - *New* Members to Rogers Resident Experts

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades
Nos forums communautaires
Top Solution Authors
User Accepted Solutions Count
Top Kudoed Authors