Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

resetting DPC3825

I Plan to Stick Around
Fester

Does anyone know how to reset a  DPC3825 back to factory defaults. And know the default user id/password?

Please use plain text.

Re: resetting DPC3825

Resident Expert
Gdkitty
Not 100% positive, but its usually holding the reset for 10+ seconds.

The default user should be cusadmin, password of password
I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
Fester

hmm. I use a paperclip to hold the reset button, then try that username/password but it just says username/passowrd incorrect. I believe this is the correct password as well.

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Gdkitty

I know just holding it in for a second, usualy just does a soft reboot, but doesnt clear the info.. You usualy have to hold it in, for X many seconds.. you will usualy see all the lights on the front of it go off, then start blinking or something like that.

If you are the account holder.. worse case, you should be able to call rogers tech support, and they should be able to reset it over the phone for you.

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
ScottLang
I generally go by the 30-30-30 rule for resetting a router...

1. when the unit is powered on, hold down its reset button for 30 seconds
2. while still holding down the reset button, unplug the router from power and hold for an additional 30 seconds
3. still holding down the reset button, turn on power to the router again and hold for 30 more seconds
Although I am a Rogers employee, comments expressed are my own and do not represent the views of Rogers or its affiliates. I am not speaking on behalf of the company.
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
I'm a Trusted Contributor
skinorth

@Fester:

this information can be obtained from the DPC3825 documentation, downloadable from the Cisco website:

"RESET—A momentary pressing (1-2 seconds) of this switch reboots the EMTA. Pressing the switch for more than ten seconds first causes a reset-to-factory-default of all settings and then reboots the gateway
CAUTION:
The Reset button is for maintenance purposes only. Do not use unless instructed to do so by your cable service provider. Doing so may cause you to lose any cable modem settings you have selected."

The reset to factory defaults can also be done using the web management interface.

To log into the device, access it using a web browser (after setting to factory defaults) at 192.168.0.1.  Then:

"On the Status DOCSIS WAN page, leave the User Name and Password field blank and click Log In. The gateway opens with an Administration Management page in the forefront. You can use the Administration Management page to set your User Name and Password."

The above info is from the Cisco Users Guide documntation for the device.

Hope that helps.

skinorth

Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
Bomzh
worked for me, thanks!
Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
hulkom

Although the documentation states that holding the reset button longer than 1-2 sec. will reset to factory defaults, I have found as a network admin myself, using the 30-30-30 rule with Cisco devices, that this does not work as expected.  I too continued to get the login incorrect screen when attempting to use the default username and password which is supposed to be blank in both cases.  Luckily I still had the Rogers usb key that came with the modem and installed the "Rogers connect" software.  It appeared that it had the ability to reset the username and password through another mechanism.  After you let the software complete the "installation" process, press on the Advanced settings tab and another username and password will be presented.  From there, it will launch into the modem and lo and behold, the username and password works.  the username that seems to be the default is "cusadmin" and not blank and password seems to be a random password set by the software.  You can then reset the password and username on the modem, but you cannot use the software to manage it afterwards until you press the "Reset" button again and re-install the software.

my 2 cents

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Gdkitty

The DPC3825 from rogers, is not using one of the STOCK firmwares from cisco, but a rogers modified one.

This is likely the issue with why you do not get the defualt BLANK BLANK un/pw combo.. that its reseting to the rogers firmware defaults.

CUSADMIN is the rogers default login for it...
The PW.. i cant remember.. been a while since i had that unit and change it myself a few times before i changed modems (never had to reset).

Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
GordOh

I reset mine with a hammer.

It's crap. If you must use it as a modem only and get a Linksys router.

Please use plain text.
socialicon Facebook Helps Compliment Concern

Welcome

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades

Pour notre communauté en français cliquez-ici!

Top Solution Authors
User Accepted Solutions Count
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications