Internet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMC Router Password

[ Edited ]
I've Been Here Awhile

SMC Router Password

[ Edited ]

Can anyone please tell me how to do this. I have a SMC (not sure of the model) router from Rogers and it was accidentily reset so now my internet access is stuck on "OPEN" and the encryption is "DISABLED". When I enter the address on the web, I get the main page, which shows the user and password but I have never had to use this before. I know that if you call Rogers, they can log in for you but I want to have this information myself incase this ever was to happen again. So far, I tried the "admin" and "1234" as per Rogers instructions on their web site but nothing...I tried unplugging the cable from the back of the router and resetting it again (holding for 15 sec) and still nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

***edited labels***

Re: SMC Router Password

[ Edited ]
Resident Expert

[ Edited ]

try cusadmin/password

**UPDATE**

Hey,

It looks like you're using the SMC 8014W-G.  For addition information on how to setup your wireless network please click the following link.

Thanks

Resident Expert

This is correct, i just loged into mine yesterday with it.

That reminds me.. i need to change it...

What's New!
World Cup of Hockey 2016
September 17th - October 1st, 2016
Full Details and Schedule

The World Cup of Hockey will take place from September 17th through October 1st in Toronto and will feature the top hockey players in the world playing for 6 national teams: Canada, USA, Russia, Czech Republic, Finland and Sweden and 2 unique teams: Team North America and Europe.

WWE: Clash of Champions
Sunday September 25th, 2016
LIVE:8:00 PM ET
PPV Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD)
Price: $54.99
WWE Network Channel: 512 | 398 (Atl)
Price: $11.99
Full Details

In the first Raw exclusive pay-per-view of The New Era, every Raw championship is on the line at WWE Clash of Champions, WWE’s most golden event of the year! Find out which WWE Superstars will go down as Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Charlotte, Chris Jericho, Sasha Banks, and all your Raw favorites compete LIVE on Sportsnet PPV September 25 at 8pm EST. PPV event is $54.99 HD/SD or can be seen through the WWE Network on Rogers Cable which includes all PPV’s and thousands of hours of WWE Content for $11.99/mo. Call 1-888-ROGERS1 to order the WWE Network.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation