Internet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing an @rogers.com email password

[ Edited ]
I've Been Around

Changing an @rogers.com email password

[ Edited ]

I have a friend with the @rogers.com domain name. I wanted to help her to change her email password, but the help and support pages don't have it. I tried to create an address, but that domain name's not available. I created a yahoo account, and here I am. Honestly, what kind of isp delivers this kind of assistance - fend for yourself?

What are the steps, in detail, in changing an email password?

She is not tech savvy, we live in different cities, and I can't use remote access.

***edited labels***

Re: Changing an @rogers.com email password

Resident Expert

can you go to http://webmail.rogers.com and try signing in?  your @rogers.com address is treated just like a yahoo.ca address.   It is my understanding that you can go into options and account and change your password there just like a yahoo account.  Have you tried this yet? please share your success with us.

[ Edited ]
I'm a Senior Advisor

[ Edited ]

If you use the Rogers portal as your home page (http://rogers.my.yahoo.com/), there is a link there to your account where you can change your password.

If not, try the following link to the member home centre.

https://na.edit.client.yahoo.com/membercenter?&.partner=rogers-acs&.intl=ca

[ Edited ]
I Plan to Stick Around

[ Edited ]

You can change the password by signing into http://rogers.yahoo.com/myaccount with the current password.  On this page there will be an option to change password.

If your friend does not remember her password she can use http://rogers.yahoo.com/password to reset it. If this doesn't work she will either need to contact technical support at 1-888-764-3771 or http://rogershelp.com/livesupport-v6/

****Update****

You can sign in directly to www.rogershelp.ca/reset with your current password and the next page will allow you to change the password

I am a Rogers employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Rogers or its affiliates. Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Rogers mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue de Rogers ou d’une société de son groupe.

[ Edited ]
I Plan to Stick Around

[ Edited ]

I messed up/forgot password after changing it - email - contact Rogers or Yahoo ?

Apprently I didn't correctly note down the new pw I changed to one of our addresses. The "Forgot password" tells me the below (probably since the Rogers system doesn't support any automated recovery options). Is this correct to contact Yahoo directly or do we contact Rogers?

Yahoo
Your password can’t be reset online.

For security reasons, you need contact Yahoo Customer Care to help you reset your password.

If you used an alias or profile name, we recommend that you try again with the Yahoo ID associated with the alias. If not, you can contact Customer Care to help reset your Yahoo password.
Why do I have to wait? 

[ Edited ]
Resident Expert

[ Edited ]

This is for an @rogers.com email address??

Odd, i have never seen that issue before, changed the password multiple times.

Your doing the forgot password right off the email login page?

[ Edited ]
I Plan to Stick Around

[ Edited ]

Yes, it's for an @rogers.com mail address (though it is merged with a Yahoo acct). I changed the password without issue. But the next day what I noted down didn't work. Yes, "forgot password" from the login page. Asks for Yahoo ID or recovery email or recovery phone. Whether I enter the @rogers eail address or the Yahoo ID or Yahoo email address, they all give the same msg about not being able to reset it online.

[ Edited ]

[ Edited ]

Hello, @jand_ottawa

We can try to reset the password for you. In some cases, the account will get locked after multiple failure attempts. Since we need to access your account, would you please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps, thank you. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

[ Edited ]
I Plan to Stick Around

[ Edited ]

No joy. I set up that @rogers.com email address ~ 15 years ago. I am being asked in PM for the DOB and city of birth associated with it. There are no such fields in Rogers Member Center nor the webmail settings, and if they did exist and were mandatory 15 years ago, I likely lied to protect my privacy since it's certainly not material to providing email services. Why isn't it enough that I have proven my identity with regards to the entire Rogers account the email address is attached to? And you can see my IP address and see that is also attached to our account, and same IP has logged in and changed the password several days ago, and has been logging into our other email addresses all week, and for the past several months.

Is there a compelling reason after all these years that we still can't admin the secondary accounts via the primary login?

I Plan to Stick Around

i.e. I just tested the forgot/reset process with another @rogers.com mail address and after entering the ID (email address) I was prompted for personal info then a security question. 

BUT for this one problem @rogers.com address I get no chance to answer anything. Is it because it's locked on me? Or is it because it's merged with a Yahoo account ?

Yahoo
Your password can’t be reset online.

For security reasons, you need contact Yahoo Customer Care to help you reset your password.

If you used an alias or profile name, we recommend that you try again with the Yahoo ID associated with the alias. If not, you can contact Customer Care to help reset your Yahoo password.
Why do I have to wait? 

What's New!
UFC 206: Holloway vs. Pettis Live
Saturday December 10th, 2016
LIVE: 10:00 PM ET
PPV Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD)
Price: $59.99 (HD) | $54.99 (SD)
Full Details

Max Holloway takes on Anthony Pettis for the interim featherweight title and Donald Cerrone battles Matt Brown. UFC 206: Holloway vs. Pettis – Saturday, December 10th, live on Sportsnet Pay-Per-View.

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 in conversation