Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

Why is my internet so slow at night? I'm near High Park in Toronto

I've Been Around
audit13

I live in the High Park area of Toronto. Duirng the day, my internet download speeds are awesome. After 6:00 pm, they drop like a rock. It barely reaches Rogers Lite speeds. Anyone else notice this trend? The last time this happened was months ago and that was because Rogers has replacing or repairing their servers?

This is driving me crazy, enough to jump ship to dsl or Bell's Fibe.

Please use plain text.

Re: Why is my internet so slow at night? I'm near High Park in Toronto

I've Been Around
a_customer

I have the same situation here in Ottawa. Great speeds during the day but almost halted in the evenings. It is not possible to do anything but the most basic web surfing. How long has it been going on for you?

I have tried 2 different SMC modems now. I have tried connecting directly to the modem with no router using different computers (Mac and Windows). The router part of the SMC is turned off. It is frustrating but I now have a technician coming out soon to check it out.

It is only a recent problem (maybe a month?).

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Chris
Sounds like everyone is going home and turning on netflix... :smileywink:

But in all seriousness it's most likely congestion when everyone gets home from work and goes online.
I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

I'm Here A Lot
Charlie_Foxtrot

I have the opposite issue where my speeds and connection is intermittent during the early morning hours but is super fast by dinner time

Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
Kaopod

I've been having latency issue off and on sometimes it's every night of the week. Being a gamer when I call Rogers Tech all they ever want to tell me was it's a problem at my end which is total BS. During the day usually the internet speed is fine but in the evening or like right now at 11:15PM it's horrible I can't do anything but browse websites. I always do Pingtest whenever I realize this is happening because when it's really bad, my game latency would show that it's happening again. Tonight my Ping test result were D's and F's which means it's the worse I've seen in a while. What is going on with Roger's line?? I'm in Toronto near downtown, A few of my friends in Toronto complain about the same lag issue. For the amount of money we're paying for our top speed service...please...put it to improve your service.

Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
lam079

Just wondering if you had any resolve to this issue. I'm in the Kitchener area, and have the same problem. I had it last year, for  a few months, and they were unable to fix it. Even after I had several techs in my house, and at the road.  Then a few weeks later, the problem just went away. Now it's back. Don't listen to what people tell you about Netflix, and everyone jumping on the internet at the exact same time every night! Its BS! Imagine how many people would have to jump on to slow the speeds that much. My ping times go from 12-20ms in the day, to as much as 4500 at night! The techs over the phone also test the neighbours systems, and they always check out fine. i imagine it's gonna be like last time, where they say, they don't see a problem, I must be making it up. Change your modem, change your router, jump up and down on your left foot. The truth is, they have no idea why this happens, or how to fix it as far as I can tell. Just keep paying!

Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
paully

I think it's not a problem from servers as @audit13 said. Probably the problem is from the CMTS devices.

Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
kbhn

IT IS BEACUSE ROGERS IS A MONEY GRABBER PIECE OF **bleep**!.

I HAVE BEEN COMPLAINING ABOUT LOW SPEEDS AND THEY JUST DONT CARE.

THEY ALWAYS SAY THE SAME **bleep**.

Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
EricL
Yea, i am in the same boat, i have rogers Ultimate, an only thing is i am ultimately **bleep** off, like this is 100 bucks a month i got home today at 3:30 d/l a few thiings at 3.2/meg sec.. went watched them, ate supper come back at 9:30 an bam i can't download anything faster then 200/k a sec this is retarded... I pay for the high speed an the 175 gig to d/l... why the hell did i pay for that when that speed is express lite if that ....
a very upset
EricL
Please use plain text.

I'm Here A Lot
you

Sounds like it's this issue all over again:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/151

I am noticing this again, too. I'm at the end of my rope with Rogers. They never really admitted to a problem last time, and I have no faith anyone will again.

Please use plain text.
Announcements
Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Latest Blog Post: Community Highlights: GENERAL NETWORKING Q & A

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades
Nos forums communautaires
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications