Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

Re: Is Rogers Internet down in Toronto?

I've Been Here Awhile
sage

With respect, the issue is still not resolved. DNS issues still exist even after numerous router resets. This has been the case all day. Please fix this.

Please use plain text.

I'm Here A Lot
goldenegg

There's definitely more than just DNS problems here.   Even using a different DNS provider, speed is ridiculously low to most sites.  Seems like a larger scale routing issue at play here.

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
I've Been Here Awhile
JabbadaHutt

Internet still messed up. To Rogers workers: just because surfing works now, doesn't mean the problem is fixed. The ping is way too high for people that play games.

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
I Plan to Stick Around
romero

I live in Downtown toronto and have not have not had any issues. I use google DNS, Rogers DNS is just garbage.

I run a WebHosting Service and I need to be able to access sites right away, Rogers DNS is slow and does not update fast, so I always use googles :smileyhappy:

Edit: My pings to most sites are way higher than normal. At least by 100 ms. Haven't noticed much of a difference though besides a few seconds of more loading.

I have the Express package.

Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
JabbadaHutt

Also, why was this post continued from the first post that's from 2011?

Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
sage

I agree. It's frustrating to customers when both here and on the phone Rogers tech staff say it's fixed when it's not. Jabba is correct. Being able to surf is not the same as the problem being fixed. Even changing to an open DNS did not solve the incrediblly slow page loads, gaming issues with ping, and lag. It's fine this morning. Let's hope it stays that way.

Please use plain text.

I'm Here A Lot
julio1

I'm new here, but notice that posts are not time stamped, so I don't know when this was first commented on yesterday, the 29th Sept.  Our service here in BWV Toronto, was down a lot after about 5.30pm and for the rest of the evening.  basically unuseable.  same for others?

I'm on the express service.  Normally I'm happy with speeds - 34-38Mbps/0.5Mbps.  Last night was nothing like this.

8.40am now and things seem OK.

Please use plain text.
Announcements
Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Latest Blog Post: Introducing - *New* Members to Rogers Resident Experts

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades
Nos forums communautaires
Top Solution Authors
User Accepted Solutions Count
Top Kudoed Authors