Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT
Accepted Solution

Rogers Yahoo Mail Upgrade and POP

I'm Here A Lot
staceyd

Can anyone tell me if this new Rogers Yahoo Mail upgrade that will be taking place within 30 days affects POP users at all?  In the e-mail sent to me by Rogers this is what is says about POP. 

"If you only access Rogers Yahoo! Mail on your mobile
device, tablet or via POP, it is critical that you visit rogers.overview.mail.yahoo.com
on your computer to see important information about the upgrade, then review
and agree to the new Communication Terms of Service and Privacy Policy."

I visited the rogers.overview.mail.yahoo link and it doesn't mention anything about POP.  I scanned the Terms of Service and don't see any info in it either.

Thanks in Advance

Please use plain text.

Re: Rogers Yahoo Mail Upgrade and POP

I Plan to Stick Around
Brucemartin2010

It may be time to change your password.

"rogers.overview.mail.yahoo.com" redirects to "49.4.200.27", which Whois says is located in China.

So if you used your username and password to log into this site, your username and password are now known by a group of people in China who didn't want you to know who and where they are.

Please use plain text.

I'm Here A Lot
staceyd

I am not sure what you are talking about.  This link http://rogers.overview.mail.yahoo.com/ does not redirect to that 49.4.200.27 IP.

It goes directly to the site, furthermore if I ping rogers.overview.mail.yahoo.com it gives me the IP address of 98.139.214.49, which I then look up and it hosted in the US by Yahoo, as you will see below.  I wonder if you have some type of maleware that is redirecting you off to that other location.

IP : 98.139.214.49        Neighborhood Host : content1.mail.vip.bf1.yahoo.com    Country : United States

So maybe someone can actually answer my original question now?

Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
gjw

I don't have the answer, but want to bump your question in hopes that somebody does.

The lack of information about POP/SMTP support is extremely suspicious and really makes me wonder if POP/SMTP support is being dropped

Please use plain text.

I'm Here A Lot
staceyd

Thanks for the response gjw :smileywink:

That is my thought as well, and exactley what I am worried about.  Hopefully somone might know the answer as I do not want to wait for long periods of time on the phone and not even get an answer - this is usually what happens when I call tech support.

Please use plain text.

Former Moderator
RogersReggie

Hi staceyd,

The Rogers Yahoo Mail Upgrade will not have any impact on you if you access your mail through POP.  It is basically an aesthetic overhaul to the previous versions of Rogers Yahoo Mail.  In terms of the way POP mail is accessed, you will not notice any change.  The e-mail is basically suggesting that you to go to the website so that you can see the changes.

Hope this helps!

Click on the thumbs up image  to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the Options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for -- it'll help our community grow stronger!

Please use plain text.

I'm Here A Lot
staceyd
Thanks Rogers Reggie - That is the exact answer I wanted to hear!
Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Pauly
I would also like to add, this affects ALL YAHOO email accounts, not just RogersYahoo email accounts. I have my own Yahoo email account and got the same message, minus the rogers wording. hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------------------
I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
I'm a Reliable Contributor
Lar123

Are they going to make their POP server function consistently now too?

Roger POP servers haven't functioned correctly and consistently for five years now.

Before any Roger's **bleeps** reply with the tech help "call us" nonsense, I have been through it dozens of times and refuse to unplug my PC and spin around three times to fix it. Witchcraft and guessing doesn't do it for  me, anymore. **YOU** need tech help to fix your password updates on the mail servers and darn well  know it.  Get some tech help, with ability.

Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
Patr1

Weirdly, I've never had an issue with the POP servers, except for minor operator error and normal odd outage for, whatever reason.  So +1 to Rogers here.  Though I commiserate with your plight. 

Please use plain text.
socialicon Facebook Helps Compliment Concern

Welcome

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades

Pour notre communauté en français cliquez-ici!

Top Solution Authors
User Accepted Solutions Count
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications