Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

Rogers tech support remotely accesing my modem/router

I've Been Here Awhile
Kirilius

I recently upgraded my Internet to Extreme Plus and replaced my old modem with a new SMC modem/router combination. I heard from some friends that Rogers tech support can actually login remotely and re-configure the device. I am not sure I am comfortable with this though. No matter how good the intentions are for leaving this door open I would prefer to retain full contol over my devices. So my question is: is there a way of disabling this feature? Another probably related question is: how can I cange the default admin (cususer) password fro the router?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.

Re: Rogers tech support remotely accessing my modem/router

[ Edited ]
Former Moderator
RogersHemal

Unfortunately this feature cannot be disabled. 

Rogers technical support will only access the router when you are in contact with them are you do give permission to adjust settings if you are not able to do that on your own.

We do perform regular firmware upgrades to our SMC and Cisco brand of routers which is why these options cannot be disabled.

The password for "cusadmin" can be adjusted to your own when you do log into the routers administrators website. 

Click on the thumbs up image to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for -- it'll help our community grow stronger!
Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
rednekcowboy

This is simply not true.  Rogers tries to access my modem at least a couple of times a week, without contacting me or obtaining my permission.  I know this from the stats page for the router as numerous failed attempts to connect to my device from a device in Toronto.

My suggestion is to login as admin, change all passwords and disable all remote connectivity options (I believe they are just check off boxes), however changing all the passwords has done the trick for me so far.  They could always flash the router back to defaults, but then they would have to let me know that they were trying to access it, so they haven't said anything so far.

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
I've Been Around
Daveyboy

Please use plain text.
Announcements
Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Latest Blog Post: MyRogers Update

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades
Nos forums communautaires
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications