Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

unable to login to SMC router configuration page with cusadmin and password

I've Been Around
Quilvis

Hi, my uncle is having trouble logging in to this page. He types cusadmin and "password" for password, but it just goes back to the login page, saying again, "please type in username and password". He has an SMC gateway from Rogers.

What do you suggest he does? Thanks.

Please use plain text.

Re: unable to login to SMC router configuration page with cusadmin and password

I'm a Trusted Contributor
skinorth

@Quilvis:

I don't own the SMC D3GN, so cannot speak from personal experience.  However, the following URL refers to two different user ID's  and their passwords:

http://www.jonocono.ca/ramblings/2010/10/03/rogers-n-gateway-smcd3gn/

Begin there, and try both user ID's.  Secondly, you could suggest that your uncle push the "reset" button on the device as per the SMC documentation.  Perhaps that will restore the factory default passwords.

skinorth

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
Joxer

The page listed above has (I believe) the correct id/password and instructions for setting this 'router' back to dumb modem mode, although Rogers should be able to do this for you.

Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
jandrews
@Qulivis Were you able to log into your Uncle's router? skinorth is correct in stating that pressing the reset button on the back of the SMCD3GN will cause it to restore to factory settings, including the passwords for the customer and admin accounts.

With the SMCD3GN powered up, hold in the reset button with a ballpoint pen or similar object for approximately 10 seconds. You'll notice the front light flash a bit differently, indicating that the reset has occurred.
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
I Plan to Stick Around
jandrews

Restoring Factory Defaults

from page 14 of the user manual  http://www.smc.com/files/AJ/SMCD3GN-UserManual_Rogers.pdf

The Reset button on the back panel can be used to return the device to its factory default settings. As a result, any changes made to your Gateway’s default settings will be lost. If you do not have physical access to the device, you can use the GUI to either power cycle the device (See “Using the Reboot Menu to Reboot Your Gateway” on page 85.) or return your Gateway to its factory default settings (see “Using the Reboot Menu to Reboot Your Gateway” on page 85. 

The following procedure describes how to use the Reset button to power cycle your Gateway and return it to its original factory default settings.

1. Leave power plugged into your Gateway. 

2. Find the Reset button on the back panel, then press and hold it for at least 10 seconds. 

3. Release the Reset button.

Additional Notes

Apparently, an alternative to pressing the reset button for 10 seconds is using the "Home Networking Easy Set-up CD" that you (may have) received with your modem (CD only supports Windows Vista and XP)  http://fileplug.com/index.php?topic=68.0

Whatever option you use, resetting the modem will erase ALL settings previously made. In addition to restoring the default passwords, you'll get full access to the GUI and menus, wireless will be enabled, all routing functions will return and so on.

When logging in to the modem GUI to make changes, it's best to use a physical connection (Ethernet LAN cable) between your computer and the modem.

http://192.168.0.1 should get you to the login screen. Use customer admin user cusadmin with a password of password

If you are knowledgeable about networking, the full administrative user rogcesadmin (be careful!) Google for the latest password http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=rogcesadmin+password

You THEN have to go through the process of securing your network (turn off WiFi if you don't use it, change your passwords for your router, and so on). Again, if you're not familiar with networking and you have the "Home Networking Easy Set-up CD", the CD will walk you through the process.

Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
larrymel
Try cusadmin as the pw as well
Please use plain text.
socialicon Facebook Helps Compliment Concern

Welcome

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades

Pour notre communauté en français cliquez-ici!

Top Solution Authors
User Accepted Solutions Count
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications