Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

SMC ROUTER

I've Been Around
cmanik

MY SMC Rogers router kept disconnecting simultaneously, we got people to come in and look at it and they "fixed" it but the problem continues to happen. We connected a Linksys Router to the SMC and now wireless works perfectly. The problem I have now is there are atleast 5 other people using the connection. I cannot get anyone from Rogers to help for some reason. And putting a password on the linksys router seems impossible (we have a password on SMC Router though).

Any Help?

Please use plain text.

Re: SMC ROUTER

I'm an Advisor
FormerMember
Please use plain text.

Re: SMC ROUTER

I'm a Trusted Contributor
skinorth

@cmanik:

IHR has done a good job pointing you at an informative website so you can set up and configure your Linksys router properly.  I personally have worked with Linksys routers quite a bit, and have never had a problem setting them up.

I suggest that you not only change the password on the main router login itself (usually at 192.168.1.1 in a default configured router), but also that you set up the wireless security as suggested.  If you do all of that, you will not have to worry about unauthorized persons accessing your wireless.

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.
Announcements
Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Latest Blog Post: Introducing - *New* Members to Rogers Resident Experts

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades
Nos forums communautaires
Top Solution Authors
User Accepted Solutions Count
Top Kudoed Authors