Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

Port forward modem?

I've Been Around
darren_awsome

Hello. My parents just bought a new home from countrywide. And countrywide is giving us free 3 months with rogers phone,cable and internet. After the internet was setup I wanted to portforward some ports. But it seems that whenever I enter my default gateway into the address it dosent load anything. Do I have to put my linksys router to be able to port forward. Or is there a way to port forward. Or I can only port forward if I have my router attach and working

-Thanks

Please use plain text.

Re: Port forward modem?

Resident Expert
Chris
Do you have a modem only or one of the new SMC gateways + modem?

If you just have a modem there is nothing to log into and there is no need to setup port forwarding. In this case you would hook the modem up to your linksys router and then from the router to the computers and game systems etc. Then you would log into the linksys router to setup port forwarding etc.

If you have the SMC gateway+modem you should be able to browse to the addr of your default gateway and do the setup in there with no need to use your linksys.

If you have the SMC router gateway and cannot get to the web setup pages you probably have a problem with the firmware that SMC pushed and you will have to contact Rogers Technical support in order to have them push a new firmware to fix the issue as your modem/gateway is running in modem only mode....
I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
dnavia

If you are using a 3rd party router then the default gateway might be different.  Check your manufacturer's website for information.  If you use rogers home networking equipment, the gateway is 192.168.0.1.  http://www.portforward.com is a great website with tips for most major manufacturers.

I am a Rogers employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Rogers or its affiliates. Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Rogers mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue de Rogers ou d’une société de son groupe.
Please use plain text.

Rogers Employee
Netbug

The Gateway was possibly deployed to you in Bridge mode. I'm assuming since this post is a week old that you have since had the issue resolved.

If not, call in to HiSpeed Technical Support and make sure that the Gateway is set to Gateway mode and not Bridge.

I am a Rogers employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Rogers or its affiliates. Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Rogers mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue de Rogers ou d’une société de son groupe.
Please use plain text.

Community Manager (Retired*)
RogersErin

Thank you for the recos Netbug and dnavia!

@darren_awsome,

Did these suggestions help you out?

Click on the thumbs up image  to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the Options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for -- it'll help our community grow stronger.

Please use plain text.
Welcome

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades

Pour notre communauté en français cliquez-ici!

Top Solution Authors
User Accepted Solutions Count
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count

socialicon Facebook Helps Compliment Concern

© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications