Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

Re: Internet Outage December 21st / 22nd

Resident Expert
Meowmix
Hello bggsddd

You can contact Rogers via phone or if u have Internet via Live Chat and have them out u on the line for it. I am waiting still and the wait is 3-5 days at most.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
pconeill
Hey MeowMix
didn't realize how bad the ice storm was until I went out today. My apologies for making light of the outage this morning!
Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
In scarborough Sheppard & Morningside area cell has not been working all the day
Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
JDayGTA
Downed tree branches brought down the cable wires attached to our house. Will someone be out to fix this, when, and how will they access the yard as it is fenced in. Thank you.
Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
JackeeWhitby

Power still out in Southern Whitby, however some blocks are lit. at 12:30am, My section came on at 4:00 p,.m.

Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
Kpanch
Just had a chat with Rogers Support. All Rogers services except cell phone are down in Vaughan. No estimate on when services will be restored.
Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Gdkitty

@JDayGTA

If you have a downed line, you need to contact rogers via phone/chat for this, and inform them... they wont know otherwise.

Due to volumes due to these outages, etc.. you may have to wait on the phone for a while.

As for timing?  You will have to find out from them... all depends on how much damage/work they have to do in the area, etc.. number of other people effected.
Seemd to be about 3 days or so last i heard.. so better to call in sooner rather than later.

I know it sucks.. and not having the service.. but they are working to try and get as much fixed as they can.
(i am in an area that HASNT lost power at all, etc thank god.. and STILL saw probably 8 rogers trucks this am out there)
Its likely that the rogers techs that will be fixing these lines... will have to work THROUGH christmas, and miss being home with their families.

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Meowmix
Hello Kpanch

They won't give a ETA at all. Most companies don't. Not even Hydro at the moment is.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
JDinToronto
December 23 - power has been restored for 24 hours now but no internet or TV in my building however BELL customers have no issue - Sheppard and Wilson Heights area - is the infrastructure that much different?
Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Meowmix
Hello JDinToronto

Depending on if the Bell wires / infrastructure was damaged. If Bells wasn't damaged or touch, that is why its working. Rogers on the other hand uses a different one and has a service interruption for most of Ontario. Remember Bell uses satellites and Fibe were Rogers uses normal Cable in most if not all places.

Please use plain text.
socialicon Facebook Helps Compliment Concern

Welcome

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades

Pour notre communauté en français cliquez-ici!

Top Solution Authors
User Accepted Solutions Count
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications