Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

Random DNS errors

I've Been Around
draconis2525

For the last several days we have been suffering from sporadic DNS errors - not sure the root cause of this, it seems to come and go.  I have a DLink 857 dual band router; and I can stream things over our media server with no problems - we just can't reliably connect to the internet.  Any ideas?

Please use plain text.

Re: Random DNS errors

I've Been Here Awhile
Fantaz
everyone had this problem, since Rogers had an "outage". you can use another DNS server.
Please use plain text.

I'm Here A Lot
pac_west227

Do u live in Toronto/Scarborough region? There was a widespread outtage in scarborough on 15th and parts of 16th of may. This has been causing most of the issues. However, not all individual customer lines has been restored. The main back end issues has been resolved according to rogers but individual houses may still be affected. If so, yall need to call a rogers tech and they may have to string a temp line to a hub. This is affecting ALL services - homefone, cable, internet, except cellular of course.

Point blank. 

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Gdkitty

draconis2525 wrote:

For the last several days we have been suffering from sporadic DNS errors - not sure the root cause of this, it seems to come and go.  I have a DLink 857 dual band router; and I can stream things over our media server with no problems - we just can't reliably connect to the internet.  Any ideas?

Not sure how running a cable would fix a DNS issue...

But if you need help draconis2525 on how to change your DNS settings, please ask, and myself or another can help walk you through it.

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.
Announcements
Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Latest Blog Post: Spotlight: People you will see in the Community and 'who' they are. Part 4

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades
Nos forums communautaires
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications