Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

The Rogers Community Forums has always played an important role in providing important feedback regarding our products and services. We are excited to offer our users an opportunity to participate in a trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACSMR, CGN3ACR and CGN3AMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). This program is exclusive to registered users of the Rogers Community Forums (space is limited).

The new firmware includes the following features and enhancements:

• IPv6 enabled by default
  • Security enhancements
  • Fix to preserve LAN connectivity in case of HFC outage or loss of signal
  • Addition of Wi-Fi Survey functionality
  • Improved stability of WPS function
  • Improved Wi-Fi performance
  • Various minor GUI changes and improvements

If you are interested in participating, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps with the subject line “Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial”.  A member of our team will be in contact with you and provide you with further instructions.

We’re keen to receive feedback on this new firmware. Once you've received the new firmware, please provide your feedback directly in the FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial thread. 

Questions regarding this program can be posted below.

***Please note - you must be a registered user of the Rogers Community Forums in order to participate.  To register, please follow these steps.***

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

625 REPLIES 625

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret

@mehaid and @twopher,

to participate in the trial, please send a PM to @CommunityHelps

For more information on our Private Messaging system, visit this link here.

oj1977
I've been around

Please include me - Chromecast no longer works due to an issue with the Rogers modem/router.  I understand that Rogers has offered an upgrade to the modem that will help resolve the issue. Please include me in this update so Chromecast issues are resolved.  When will Rogers overcome this issue generally?

Omar

sylvia1959
I've been here awhile

I need help.  i have to reboot my modem to use my chromecast

Ive never used a forum before so i dont know if im doing this right

thanks

Hello @sylvia1959

You can review instructions on how to send a private message here . I will also provide some details below(read entire post before taking action).

1. @CommunityHelps  <--------- Click this

2.On the following page, select "Send this user a Private Message"

3.In the subject line type "Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Trial"

4.Press Send

RogersAsif

sylvia1959
I've been here awhile

THANK YOU

fernandesjm
I've been around

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Please add me to the firmware trial

I am having issues with chromecasting on account of the wi-fi modem

@fernandesjm have a look at post #46, just above and follow the instructions as shown.  Then watch for a number overlaid on your personal icon at the upper right hand corner which will indicate a message sitting in the inbox or possibly a mention on the forum.  Click on the icon, and then on the mail icon to get to your message inbox.  Acknowledge the message as requested and your modem will be added to the update list.

pamelaboreland
I've been here awhile

I would like to test this firmware.

please add this firmware to my account

PLarocque
I've been around
I would like to get this update. Please. Someone at google told me it would temporaly fix my Chromecast.

mattstus
I've been here awhile

I would like to be a part of this so my chromecast can work again

howcanyoubesure
I've been here awhile

Sent you a pm...how long do I have to wait for the FW?  Need my chromecast to work after weeks of headaches.

Hello All,

Please ensure you send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps if your are looking to enroll in the trial.

You will receive further instructions/information in your Community inbox.

If you are not sure how to send a Private Message check out or blog linked here, or this post.

Look out for a message shortly.. Thank you for your patienceSmiley Happy

RogersAsif

pirochon
I've been here awhile

i request beta firmware4.5.8.22

mattstus
I've been here awhile
how long will a reply from you guys take?

@pirochon - Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums, have you requested the firmware by sending a private message to @CommunityHelps yet? Please see the Message 55 for instructions, thank you. 

@mattstus - are you referring to the response from CommunityHelps? Have you checked the envelope icon from your profile picture(avatar) at the top right side of the page?

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Cheenu89
I've been here awhile

July 4/2016

Hello

Please push the old software back onto the modem as referred by one of the agents. This is an urgent request as all of my devices are disconnected right now.

Thanks 🙂

Jasleen, can you edit your post and remove your last name and phone number for your own online privacy and security.  Have you tried a modem restart, that is, unplug the modem power adapter, wait for about 10 seconds and plug it back in.  That will force a modem restart which should reconnect your devices.

After that is done, and presuming that everything reconnects, can you log into the modem and let us know what Software Version (Firmware) is currently indicated on the STATUS page that comes up automatically when you log into the modem. 

@Cheenu89 wrote:

July 4/2016

Hello

Please push the old software back onto the modem as referred by one of the agents. This is an urgent request as all of my devices are disconnected right now.

Thanks 🙂

Cheenu89,

Are you refering to devices unable to connect to a Chromecast or another issue? If the problem you are experiencing is with Chromecast, we can assist you by upgrading your modem to a newer firmware as part of the ongoing trial. To participate in the trial, please send a PM to @CommunityHelps

For more information on our Private Messaging system, visit this link here.

If your issue is different, please provide some details and a member of the community will try to assist you.

Cheenu89
I've been here awhile

I did restart internet but the devices are still not connecting. How do i log into the modem? 

@Datalink wrote:

Jasleen, can you edit your post and remove your last name and phone number for your own online privacy and security.  Have you tried a modem restart, that is, unplug the modem power adapter, wait for about 10 seconds and plug it back in.  That will force a modem restart which should reconnect your devices.

After that is done, and presuming that everything reconnects, can you log into the modem and let us know what Software Version (Firmware) is currently indicated on the STATUS page that comes up automatically when you log into the modem. 

To log into the modem, on an ethernet connected pc or laptop, start a web browser and type the following address in the address bar:   192.168.0.1  and hit enter.  

That will bring up the modem login page which should allow you to log into the modem.  If that doesn't happen, my guess is that you would need to run a factory reset on the modem.  To do that, press the recessed reset button at the back of the modem for thirty seconds and then release it.  That will initiate a factory reset and reboot. Unfortunately that will also require you to reset the modem parameters, but it should get you up and running.