Internet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Any One Have 1Gbps Download1 50Mbps Upload Yet

I Plan to Stick Around

After 3 calls to support, tech is still adamant that my internet connection should be working fine. Not sure if it is related but tonight my WAN IP has changed. I usually get assigned the same IP after a modem power reset. For the first time in a week, I tested 200 mbps for a 655 MB file download.

5404802209.png

[ Edited ]
I Plan to Stick Around

[ Edited ]

UL changes from 20 to 35 to 50, depending on I have no clue what. All tests run to the same location. Best UL I had so far:

http://beta.speedtest.net/result/5396769469.png

Resident Expert

If you're getting 915/43 on a consistent basis, then the modem is delivering a pretty good data rate.  You're not going to see 1 Gb/s on a test or download due to the overhead messaging requirements for TCP/IP.  I would have to figure out what the max delivered data rate would be without that overhead.  

So, with a good data rate, as shown on a speedtest, you're now facing the reality of the net, and that is the fact that internet servers aren't necessarily going to provide you with gigabit delivery rates.  Most of them probably cap the outbound data rate at something far less than that.  Throw in the distance to those servers and you end up with much less than 1 Gb/s, which greatly annoys the end user.

[ Edited ]
I've Been Here Awhile

[ Edited ]

Minimum acceptable speeds on gigabit

As a new Rogers customer, I expected to get 90% of the speed that was advertised.  

Doing a speed test (https://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/4194230) I get 91/32 on a gigabit sign-up.  Should this be expected?

I Plan to Stick Around

Do you get faster speeds when testing with speedcheck.rogers.com?

[ Edited ]
I've Been Here Awhile

[ Edited ]

Just got the new gigabit Internet from roger I had 100u plan and its was downloading thing faster gigabit I'm only getting 200 300 download and when I'm download games it's only 70 to 80 Mbps 

[ Edited ]
I've Been Here Awhile

[ Edited ]

I also signed up and had gigabit installed this week.  Its extremely dissapointing.  I was at first -only- getting between 500and 600mbs which is still a good speed, but nothing close to what i was expecting.  Its understood that 1gbs is only theoretical but even 50-60% of advertised speed, given the cost of this service is unacceptable.  my technician checked my cables and said signals were good.  i had nothing else connected to my ignite modem.  I use cat6 cabling and my pc was not running anything else.

I spoke to a supervisor who said to call rogers tech support.  Tech support did nothing but make excuses.  They said a ticket would be opened, but the usual excuse was used that its likely my PC.

It seems to me that rogers network is simpply unable to support gigabit and the fact is they are advertising a false service = in fact, as far as I am concerned, its a fraudulent service.

I am giving it one more week and then i am going to cancel my service and am considering lodging a formal complaint. 

The fact is i am now also only getting 200-300mbs after recent checks.

It seems rogers is not interested in addressing the inconsistency of their speeds of this faulty service.

The one technician i spoke to said he had never seen anyone get even 800mbs and not to expect it.

why would we be expected to pay double the price of 250mbs when we are hardly getting anything more than 250mbs.

I've Been Around

Does anyone have Gigabyte internet in the Scarborough area?

Highlighted

I Plan to Stick Around

>It seems to me that rogers network is simpply unable to support gigabit

This is true but they only advertise Up To Gigabit.  Using 60 connections to usenet I average 700 mbit. Hopefully speeds improve as time goes on. speed.jpg

[ Edited ]
I've Been Around

[ Edited ]

Rogers Gigabit speed issues

Hi guys, I'm located in downtown Toronto (close to St. Lawrence Market area) and last month took advantage of a Gigabit promotion. I was previously on the Ignite 250 and 100 plans.

Since I had Gigabit installed (in June), I have been only getting speeds of max 300mpbs direct connect to modem via Cat5e cable to my laptop.

During the install, the tech couldn't figure out the speed issues and opened a ticket. I have swapped modems, ran speedtests on multiple computers and it's now been a month and nothing has changed.

I get that the 1gigabit speed is "up to", but I'm essentially only getting 250u speeds.

I have signed up for the firmware trial, but I doubt that's going to fix my issue. 

Tech support has said that my condo is able to support Gigabit and the connections to the condo are good.

Any ideas?

Topic Stats