cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2-Step Verification on Rogers Yahoo Mail

DrMike
I'm a trusted contributor

I can see all sorts of 'how-to's' on yahoo.com how to access your account and add 2-step verification to it, but I cannot figure out how to do this on the Rogers version of Yahoo Mail.

Given Yahoo's propensity for being hacked, this is an important added security feature, but as far as I can tell, you cannot implement it on Rogers? Please tell me I'm wrong and advise how to set it up for my Rogers Yahoo mail account.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 2-Step Verification on Rogers Yahoo Mail

You're most welcome! To be honest I cannot seem to find the instructions on any of our customer support sites either. I have escalated this to have it updated. My apologies for the inconvenience! 

Cheers

RogersNatasha 

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32

RogersNatasha
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello 

www.rogershelp.ca/2factor you will be prompted to sign into your email and it will carry you through the steps. Let us know if you have any other questions. 🙂 

Cheers

RogersNatasha

DrMike

@RogersNatasha wrote:

Hello 

www.rogershelp.ca/2factor you will be prompted to sign into your email and it will carry you through the steps. Let us know if you have any other questions. 🙂 

Cheers

RogersNatasha

@RogersNatasha

Thank you. Can you please tell me where I could have navigated to this without your link through the help platform. I still can't see anywhere to have done this without knowing the help.ca link you provided.

You're most welcome! To be honest I cannot seem to find the instructions on any of our customer support sites either. I have escalated this to have it updated. My apologies for the inconvenience! 

Cheers

RogersNatasha 

DrMike
Well I'm glad to know it wasn't just me! Thx.

Rogers Yahoo Mail Locked Up After Setting Up Account Key (2-step Verification)

Hi, Guys, I really need your help because my "main" email account is locked up and I can't just create another one because this one has my entire online activities tied to it. 

What I have is a @rogers.com account merged with a @yahoo.ca account. I installed the yahoo mail mobile app on my phone last week, out of curiousity I enabled account key - which is 2-step verification, shortly after that I logged out and deleted the app from my phone without realizing that my mail password has since been disabled since I activated account key ... now I can't get in. Tried Yahoo sign-helper and get nowhere. Rogers phone support gave me a number to call Yahoo (408) 349-5070 which is defunct, I posted a message on Yahoo community forum, days past and no one responded.

Is it possible to unlink my @rogers.com from the @yahoo.ca account? or simply just unlock my account?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Simon

P/S: The email account locked up is different from the one I used to register my ID on this forum. Thanks.

Hello, @imbimmer

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your detailed concern in the Community. I understand the inconvenience of not able to access the main email account. 

• Have you tried re-downloading the mobile app and signing into your email account? 
  • What happens when you try to log into the webmail? Do you see the account is locked out for security reasons etc.?

Usually, the account gets unlocked after 12 hours. As for unmerging the email account, I would not prefer but it's possible to promote your secondary account to the main account status and terminate the former main account, the termination will result in unmerging.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Hi, RogersMoin,

Thanks for taking care of my post, I did redownloaded the yahoo mobile app to my iphone but since I logged out already it wouldn't allow me to login again because it's treating me as an account key user. Instead, it posted the message indicating my account is locked blah blah, and would be unlocked within 12 hours as you mentioned, however, now it's the 4th day and nothing happened.

When trying to login via webmail, I have seen 2 different responses randomly, one continue to say my account is locked and will be unlocked within 12 hours. Another says that my account password can't be reset online, I must contact customer care which loops back to Yahoo's sign-in helper.

I can't even manage my secondary account now because Rogers only allow secondary accounts from parimary account, in my case, is locked now.

Not to mention, my iTunes and App Store accounts are linked to my locked Rogers email account just for example.

Doesn't Rogers have no access to manage Yahoo mail at all?

Your suggest is insteresting though, if I request someone from Rogers to terminate my locked @rogers.com account, you mean that would split the rogers account from the yahoo.ca account, correct? is it possible for Rogers to reinstate the once delete @rogers.com email address?

Thanks again,

Simon

Hello, @imbimmer

We can try resetting your mail account and you can try accessing it after 12 hours. Please consider closing all the mail apps or log off from all the devices as the mail app(s) may keep trying to download the mail which in turn locking the account. 

If you wish to we can promote any of your secondary accounts to primary, however, I don't recommend terminating the problem account at this moment as it may become more complicated.

@imbimmer wrote:

Doesn't Rogers have no access to manage Yahoo mail at all?

We have access to manage only @rogers.com emails. Smiley Happy

Addressing the above issues involves in accessing your account, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps when you are online. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Thanks,

RogersMoin

Thanks a lot, @RogersMoin. I just PM'd @CommunityHelps and provided my contact info. I have logged out from the mail clients/apps. Your help would save my day, it's very much appreciated.

Simon

DrMike

@RogersNatasha wrote:

You're most welcome! To be honest I cannot seem to find the instructions on any of our costumer support sites either. I have escalated this to have it updated. My apologies for the inconvenience! 

Cheers

RogersNatasha 

@RogersNatasha

It would seem that several months later this issue has not yet been fixed. Or at least I still can't find it via any 'normal' navigation. Given the current fiasco with Yahoo's security breach one would think that this would be a priority, but it appears no one really cares enough to even add a link to the account pages. Shame on Rogers.

The link provided to setup 2 Step Verification is not valid.
Is there a current solution available?
tks

Greetings and welcome to our Community @UncleDudley!

I'm sorry to hear that link isn't working currently but you've come to the right place for help, we'll set you on the right path.

Please try this link for instructions: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN5013.html If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach back out.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Takes me to Rogers Yahoo home page.

Hey @Bluemyrtle451,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

This is an older thread so it may not have the information you're looking for. Could you clarify what you're trying to accomplish? To access any of your Rogers Yahoo email settings you would navigate to https://rogersmembercentre.com/. From there you can set up App passwords & check your Account Activity. The only security settings available are housed there.

RogersTim

kvisima
I've been here awhile

There is still no fix to this 3 years later??? Where is the 2-factor verification option on Rogers/Yahoo? There is absolutely no where I can find this option. Please advise. 

Greetings and welcome to our Community @kvisima!

Please try following the instructions on this page and let me know if it works: Add two-step verification for extra security

Regards,

RogersCorey

kvisima
I've been here awhile

Link does not work!  There is no "Account security" option anywhere under my account settings. Please advise. How can no one know this doesn't work!?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Although the link takes you to an active page, there's nothing there about "Account Security" that I could find either.  I looked at the settings once I was in webmail as well - nothing there.  I also tried the links provided earlier in this thread and they all lead nowhere. I'm guessing not many people are looking for 2-step?

gdawg3
I've been around

Rogers should provide 2 factor authentication for their 'version' of yahoo mail. When is this going to be provided??

Good morning Community!

At this time, we do not officially support 2-factor authentication. We encourage everyone to set up separate app passwords. 

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/email-setup

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats