Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

Rogers adding spam to my email: TODAY(Beta) Powered by Yahoo!

I've Been Here Awhile
singlescanner
I have recently started seeing ads at the bottom of some email coming in through my Rogers email account, all starting with: TODAY(Beta) Powered by Yahoo! I'm using Thunderbird, not the web interface. I've complained to Rogers. They first told me it must be spoofed spam. When I showed them that it was coming from them, they said it was because they added ads to Webmail. When I pointed out I wasn't using Webmail and sent screenshots, they told be they couldn't view attachments due to security filtering. Is anyone else seeing these ads? Since I am paying for my Rogers service, I don't think it right that I should have to view these ads. Even worse, they are inserting the ads in the body of my email messages, so they are now there for all eternity. How can we stop this?

Re: Rogers adding spam to my email: TODAY(Beta) Powered by Yahoo!

I've Been Here Awhile
singlescanner
To clarify, Rogers/Yahoo is actually inserting the ad in the body of the email, at the bottom. What other editing might they do to our email?

I Plan to Stick Around
MichelR

I just tried sending from both Thunderbird and from the web interface and there were no ads in either e-mail (I made sure to send to non-Yahoo addresses).  Maybe they're phasing it in to see how people react?

I don't mind that too much when using a free service, but if they start doing that from a paid account, that's just wrong.

Resident Expert
Pauly
i sure hope this is not true
---------------------------------------------------------------
I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.

[ Edited ]
I Plan to Stick Around
Patr1

I checked my email this afternoon and all was good but then I just went to check later this evening and my POP client (Pegasus) barfed and told me that my PW was incorrect. So...I log into RogersYaBarfoo web mail no problem.

I wonder if this is related? Going to bed, will check and fix, report back to let you know what is going on.

There had better NOT be advertising on my paid for service.

I Plan to Stick Around
Patr1
Okay, I got up and checked my mail (POP) and magically my PW works again so was able to download and... it was mostly the usual spam but there was one legitimate email. None of it had any injected advertising.

I can therefore NOT confirm the original posters concern.

Have a good day everyone!

If something should change over the next few days I will naturally report back.

I've Been Here Awhile
singlescanner
Here is a link to the code Rogers/Yahoo inserted into the body of one of my email messages. http://pastebin.com/erewRwub

Resident Expert
Gdkitty

Both using outlook 2007, and on my iphone, i do not see any adds or code for it being added to any email.

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.

I've Been Here Awhile
opengl

I too have been seeing these Today (Beta) ads all day yesterday and today on my iphone. This is ridiculous to say the least!!!!

I've Been Here Awhile
opengl
clicking on the privacy policy in the ad takes you to the Yahoo Privacy Policy page talking about emails containing web beacons. You need to go to their Ad Interest Manager to disable them...
socialicon Helps Facebook Compliment Concern

Welcome

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades

Pour notre communauté en français cliquez-ici!

Top Solution Authors
User Accepted Solutions Count
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications