Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT
banner Welcome Register

Cancel with 30 Days Notice

I Plan to Stick Around
Kdubovik

Could someone link me to where it says I must provide 30 days notice of cancellation?

I made sure to cancel before my next billing period came up, thinking I would have to pay out the current period, but the guy on the phone says I have to pay through the 14th of August, even though I requested cancelation on the 28th.
I read through the ToS and could not find it.

Please use plain text.

Re: Cancel with 30 Days Notice

Resident Expert
Gdkitty

Its 30 days, from when you call in to say you want to cancel unfortunately :smileysad:

http://www.rogers.com/cms/pdf/en/About/TOS_En.pdf

Point 34.

Not applicable to Residents of Manitoba, Residents of Newfoundland Residents of Nova Scotia or Residents of Québec:

Unless otherwise permitted by applicable law: 

 you may terminate any or all of your Services upon no less than
 30 days’ advance notice by contacting Rogers at the appropriate points of contact specified in these Terms; and 

 Rogers may terminate any or all of your Services or accounts upon no less than
30 days’ advance notice to you at your billing address. 

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
snugerud

Not sure what your services are but if you are on any type of a bundle they may try to charge you full price on all of your services for the last 30 days as well. 

They are trying to do that to me after cancelling the 99.99 bundle plan 3yr price guarantee and no contract.  My last bill was $260 dollars , it was supposed to be $115 tax included. 

They say its because you have choose to cancel so they no longer offer the deal.

Basically they are trying to penalize people for cancelling even though they are not in a contract.  I am pretty sick of the deceptive advertising, the terms and conditions that people need a lawyer to be present before accepting a service. 

I wont be paying the bill as it is now and hope others follow suit. 

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Meowmix
Hello snugerud

Just a friendly reminder if you do not pay your bill, your credit will be hurt bad. Pay your bill and cancel when u can. Not paying the bill will not male anything easier or better on your end. I understand where u are coming from tho.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
snugerud

I have already cancelled and I am willing to take the 6 month credit hit.  I own my car, I have a marginal mortgage payment compared to most people and no other debts.  My credit will survive just fine.  I am more than willing to pay what is truly owed to them but I am not going to let the idea of a credit booggie man scare me into paying such a farce of a bill. 

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Meowmix
Hello snugerud

I know and i hear ya! Just letting you know tho the penalty and such that will go in tho long run. After so long, Rogers and the credit agency that deals with your account, will come up with either a payment plan OR if you pay so much, they take a % off.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
snugerud

Hi Meow. 

So what your saying is anyone that is charged silly and ridiculous bills we should probably just pay them so they will leave me alone?  Sounds like I am paying off the mob. 

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Meowmix
Hello snugerud

I am just saying that if u do not pay the bill, your credit will be ruined as Rogers contacts the credit agency and then the credit agency takes over. If u try to go to another cable provider, cell phone carrier or anything that pulls your credit, it will show that u have not paid Rogers yet and the credit rating from the credit agency drops a lot. So u may go to from a B to a F because u didn't pay that bill. Sounds right?

If you are willing to do this, then that is your choice. You can call Rogers and. Speak to a manager or a rep at retentions. See if they can offer a discount from the final price.

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Gdkitty

snugerud wrote:

Hi Meow. 

So what your saying is anyone that is charged silly and ridiculous bills we should probably just pay them so they will leave me alone?  Sounds like I am paying off the mob. 

Its not far from it...

but meowmix's warning is a good one.

Friends of ours.. had much the same with one of the 'other' telecom compaines... didnt pay it... and ended up in collections, etc.
It effected their credit... LONG term as well.
When they were up for their next mortgage renewal.. (was 2+ years after this)... their mortgage % went up to almost DOUBLE due to it :smileysad:

Its really bad that these companies do it.  Its not just rogers.. its all the telecom companies.. (as well as other non telecom, etc), in canada, in the US, etc.
They pretty much write it into the ToS/ToU, that they can change the stuff any time, and there is really nothing at all we can do about it.. and its LEGAL.   The only thing we can do, is NOT agree to it, and not use the service... but again, they ALL have those clauses in there.. so the only option would be NO service at all from anyone :smileysad:

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Meowmix
Agreed with GDkitty

It impacts your credit for yours, not months. The credit agency will look after 6 months & see how you are doing, if it is still not paid, more points will be taken off & your credit rating will go to the end which is bad. So save your self from having hassles & issues, just contact Rogers & see what you can do. In the long run, its better for you as then your credit will not be touched & you will not have to worry. This is from everyone, not just you.

Please use plain text.
socialicon Facebook Helps Compliment Concern

Welcome

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades

Pour notre communauté en français cliquez-ici!

Top Solution Authors
User Accepted Solutions Count
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications