Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

Switch from Rogers to Fido

I've Been Around
felix13

I would like to switch from Rogers to Fido. Today I went to Fido to buy the new BB Z10 and make the switch from Rogers to Fido, the guy asked me if I called Rogers to tell them so, cause the guy told me by telling Rogers, the cancellation/switching fee will drop to 100$, otherwise it's 20$ per month (and I've got 10 months left). I called Rogers and they told me Fido will do everything for me. So my question is: Do I need to recall Rogers to tell them I want to switch or Fido should do it for me and it would be 100$ fee automatically? And if I need to call Rogers: is it Rogers customer service or a specific number? 

Please use plain text.

Re: Switch from Rogers to Fido

Resident Expert
Meowmix
Hello felix13

You can contact Rogers & have the rep leave a note on the account saying you will be switching to Fido. Once you go to Fido, you will have to tell the rep to port over the number to a NEW Fido activation. In order to do this there are some rules. As follows:

- You must be with Rogers for more then 1 year in order to get the $100 cancellation fee.
- You MUST sign a 2-3 year term with Fido to get the cancellation fee for $100 from Rogers.
- You must have a clean record with Rogers & do NOT have any outstanding balance left with Rogers.

Once those are done & the rep confirms it. The port will happen & Rogers will give you the $100 cancellation fee on your last Rogers invoice. You will need to sign a 2-3 year deal with Fido & have a good credit as well.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.
Announcements
Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Latest Blog Post: About Me: RogersAmanda

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades
Nos forums communautaires
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications