cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Login has changed

roxandtreez
I'm a senior contributor

Something changed in the forums overnight.  My usual process is to log on to MyRogers, check my internet usage graph, then scroll down to the Community Forums link at the bottom of the page.

When I tried this today, I was not signed on to the Forums when the page came up.  I clicked the signon link at the top of the page, and the signon page came up for a second but did not allow me to enter my info then it brought up the forums and I was not signed on.

I went back to MyRogers, signed out, and then clicked the forum link at the bottom of the page.  When I clicked the Sign In link, this time it allowed me to sign in and the forums worked properly (except for the issue below).  There is a thread from last year that describes this same problem, so maybe last night  changes reverted a previously fixed issue.

Next, my icon at the top of the page after I successfully signed in showed 4 items.  When I clicked on the icon, it showed that I had 4 items next to the "bell" icon.  When I clicked it, it showed 4 references to my userid by @57  in the Updated Navigatr thread, but when I checked the thread, there was only one post by 57 that referenced me.  The only explanations I have for this is that 57 duplicated the post 3 times and the duplicates were deleted, or he edited the post 3 times and each generated a reference. 57 is a fairly experienced user and seems unlikely to do this, but would that explain the results?

Mac OS X 10.11.3 (El Capitan)  

Chrome Version 49.0.2623.110 (64-bit)

***Edited Labels*** 

154 REPLIES 154

Re: Forum Login has changed

Customer01
I plan to stick around

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Okay, I can confirm that after an open window on Community Forums has expired due to over an hour of inactivity, or whatever it is, refreshing and clicking the icon to sign in works after the second time it appears. Partly fixed, but annoying and you need to know the trick of attempting it twice.

Mine worked on the 4th try today!

But, when I signed out, it took me to the Rogers home page. Is this something new?  I expected to be still on the Forums page.  That's what SHOULD happen , I think.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I never actually sign out, so I don't know where it goes. I either close the window or forget about it and it expires.

As for signing in, I now see that when I go to my bookmark for Community Forums, I also have to click the sign in icon a second time because the first time I don't get my email and password screen. Looks like another workaround instead of fixing what they broke.

Another oddity, after I signed in I saw my avatar with a number 5, showing 5 new notifications, but when I clicked the avatar, the top of the panel that comes up was blank, so I could not go to Notifications. I tried it a few times with the same result until I finally went to a specific forum and tried it again and it then worked. Definitely work in progress, with "progress" being an oxymoron.

(Well, darn it, when I went to post this reply I got the infamous "Request Entity Too Large" error and had to delete my Rogers cookies and sign in again. I just love the autosave feature that let me continue with the reply without repeating everything again.)

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Just to keep this issue open, it is now over 2 months that signing in to Community Forums has not been working properly. Instead of one click of the sign in icon, it takes 2 clicks because the first one won't work. And if the email/password screen does come up after the first click, it doesn't work, so it takes a total of 3 clicks. I just thought I'd provide some feedback in case the issue has been forgotten on the back burner.

Customer01
I plan to stick around

Yup, still not working properly.   Still the same problems.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I was just about to come here and complain again. It's got worse instead of better today. Deleting Rogers cookies isn't helping anymore. Time after time clicking the Sign In icon would not bring up my username/password screen. Even going to MyRogers and clicking Community Forums at the bottom didn't work anymore. And then I get the survey screen to give my feedback, but since there's no place to enter my email address to get feedback back from Rogers, it's like talking to the wall and probably gets ignored. I finally got in by signing out of MyRogers, then signing in again and choosing my Wireless account, then Community Forums at the bottom. Honestly, it's like pulling teeth. It's the most screwed-up forum on the Internet. Maybe Rogers does not want people here.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

12 clicks to sign in this morning.  Smiley Mad

Hey Community

Sorry you weren't able to login recently. As you may know, we've had sign in issues on Rogers.com. We are still working on a fix for the ongoing sign in issues for the Community...fingers crossed for a fix soon. We will be back with an update as soon as we have any news.

RogersRoland

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Here is what happens when I try to sign in to Community Forums after clicking the sign in icon at the top right. Usually it 's been coming back with the same screen with the same anonymous icon. After clicking it again, it used to come back with my username/password screen, which worked. Now even that screen keeps coming back with the original sign in screen with the anonymous icon, over and over again. So then I would click MyRogers at the top and get to MyRogers already signed in. From there I would click Community Forums and the bottom to get here. However, now even that just takes me back to the sign in screen with the anonymous icon. So now I click MyRogers again, then sign out and back in from there, choosing either my cable or wireless account. From there I click Community Forums at the bottom and I'm finally in. At least that's what's working today.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ive been struggling to login for 2 days now and it finally just let me on now. Lets hope its fixed once and for all

jays77
I'm a trusted contributor
For the past couple of days I haven't been able to get signed in to Community Forums. There has been no problems getting into other Rogers services though. Today the only way I could access the

Community Forums was from a very old link to my internet bandwidth usage that I had stored and forgotten about in 'My Favorites'.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

The Rogers mods are aware of this new problem and are working on it. Yes, the last couple of days it's required a lot of trickery to sign in, going through MyRogers. I've hardly seen any now posts in the forums I follow because hardly anyone has been able to get in.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Okay, after this morning's maintenance shutdown, it looks like the Login is working normallly without having to click the sign in icon a second time. Smiley Very Happy

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Well, I guess I spoke too soon. Last night signing back in from a timed-out window, I had to click the sign-in icon twice. Same thing signing in this morning from my bookmark.

@OLDYELLR,

We've identified the issue where users are requested to login a second time. Once we have that isolated and resolved, we will update everyone.

RogersRoland

It finally works now. Took a bit of time but it works

@RogersRoland wrote:

@OLDYELLR,

We've identified the issue where users are requested to login a second time. Once we have that isolated and resolved, we will update everyone.

RogersRoland

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Still messed up for me.

1. I open a window or tab for Commumity Forums.

2. Click sign in icon top RH corner.

3. New screen appears same as before.

4. Click sign in icon top RH corner again.

5. Sign in username and password screen now finally appears.

6. Click that and I'm finally in.

(Oddly, a week ago after the first major fix attempt, it worked for a day, but then reverted back to where it had been before signing in had become nearly impossible, requiring immediate maintenance.)

@OLDYELLR @Pauly

I've personally found success when not attempting to login within the same tab. If it Loops, I would close the current tab, and retry in another one. So far it has been working for me. Temporary fix while we wait for the final fix to be implemented.

RogersRoland

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Opening a new tab and trying again is another click, same difference. Just now I did momentarily get the username/password screen after clicking the sign in icon, but it disappeared and reverted to the sign in screen again before I could do anything. Clicking the icon a second time is my temporary workaround.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Okay, time for another rant. Smiley Mad

When I tried to sign in to the Forum about half an hour ago, none of the tricks I've tried in the past worked. Not signing in a second, third, forth or umteenth time. Not deleting Rogers cookies, Not signing in to MyRogers, then clicking Community Forums at the bottom. Nothing.

Each time after deleting cookies I'd get the Feedback Survey screen, which I'd given up on because it gives ME no feedback from Rogers on the problem. This time I did the Feedback Survey and really gave Rogers a piece of my mind about this ongoing situation. Maybe the time it took to complete the survey was what it took, because I could finally sign in afterwards.

So here is my suggestion if you can't sign in next time. Delete cookies and do the survey, telling Rogers what you REALLY think. Don't hold back. The more negative feedback, the better. Maybe the higher-ups will take notice and get some more competent people on the job fixing the site. Then. if you're lucky, you'll be able to sign in after a time delay.

pmcsplaza
I'm a trusted contributor

Something's Wrong With Rogers.com Log-In

I couldn't log in at all on the main MyRogers page nor with the "Sign In" button at the top right of the community.

Log-in finally worked when I tried to post this without being logged in and then it took 3 attempts.

Peter
Toronto

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Yes, over the last few days it's got worse instead of better. Usually the second or third attempt worked but today it didn't and after deleting cookies it took 3 more attempts. A couple weeks ago Sunday, after the site was shut down for maintenance, I thought it was fixed, but it quickly reverted back.

Topic Stats
  • 154 replies
  • 34 Likes
  • 10 in conversation