Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

Can't use text messaging on BB Z10

I've Been Here Awhile
melissaf

So,  I have a BB Z10, and I cant use the text messaging.  I can't compose or read any that I have recieved.  When I try to open it, it just does nothing.  

Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.

Re: Can't use text messaging on BB Z10

Resident Expert
Meowmix
Hello melissaf

Have you tried doing a factory reset to see if that fixes the issue?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
melissaf

I've tried that, still doesnt work!

Thanks!

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
Resident Expert
Meowmix

Hello melissaf

Are you still within the 15 days & OR 30 minute policy to return the phone?

Searched Google but some in the states have this issue but never got resolved unless i have not seen a post i missed or what not.

Best thing to do is post this on the Blackberry Forums. They would be able if anything

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/bd-p/Z10

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
BillJ

The Z10 hasn't been out for that long so you're well within your one-year warranty period.  If the factory reset has done nothing, then you need to call Rogers and tell them you need help with this.  Rogers has the responsibility to fix this for you or to escalate it directly to BlackBerry at no charge to you.

Respect to Meowmix for the Crackberry suggestion but Crackberry will only give you advice....Rogers HAS TO fix the issue (as per their contract with BlackBerry).

Keep us up to date on your progress.  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
Resident Expert
Meowmix

Hello BillJ 

I never said anything about crackberry :/. My link is about the forums on the BlackBerry site. What are you looking at exactly? My post says nothing about crackberry. All it talks about is Google and the BlackBerry forums which i pasted the link. Please reverse your post with the proper statement..

Your rest of the post is true tho.:smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
BillJ

Apologies to Meowmix.....one should not post when as tired as I was.  :smileysad:

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
llahedaj

mine is doing the exact same thing.. ive tried to reset it 10 times now.. tried caling rogers AND blackberry and nobody has any idea what it is... so annoying... ican use everything else no problem its just when i go to compose a message or read a text it doesnt work.. 

HELP

Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
Ryked

The only time I have had this issue is when texting to my wife’s iphone 5. I don’t seem to have any issues when testing to my kids phones iphone 5/5s and S4. At first I thought it may be an issue with imessage trying to connect to the Z10 but it only does it for one of the 3 iphones in the house. 

I have had some isues with trying to text other iphones, still think there is something with imessage.

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Meowmix
Hello Ryked

This is indeed something to do with imessage. Did you own a iPhone before that? If so your Apple ID might be still connected to imessage & will not let u text iPhone's due to think. There is many discussions about this on the Apple Community forums.

Please use plain text.
Announcements
Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Latest Blog Post: Spotlight: SA8300HD PVR Hard Drive Dead

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades
Nos forums communautaires
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications