Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT
Accepted Solution

Data and voice plan for traveling

I've Been Here Awhile
fitboy

Hello, in January I'm traveling down to Florida for a few days followed by a short cruise in the Carribean and want to be able to use my Blackberry Curve for voice and data.  What plan do you recommend that I use?  Do I have to terminate my current plan for the time I'm down south and then reset it back when I return?

Please use plain text.

Re: Data and voice plan for traveling

[ Edited ]
Resident Expert
Meowmix

Honestly the best thing to do is just Turn your cellphone off & then turn it back on in emergencies or leave it at home. This is what i & a few others have done. I also just used my ipod touch where ever there was wifi & just emailed a few people.

I know a few people that added a plan for long distance & stuff & once they came home the phone bill was 500+ for just doing what they added.

If you want to take your phone with you i suggest you Turn off Roaming & 3G / 4G off the phone in the settings.

If you want to add data & stuff on your plan while you are down there i suggest looking at this. You will not find a cheaper plan.

for Data go with roaming Data Service 

For Voice V

go with Long Distance.

Here is the link: http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=AppsAddons&category=12

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.
© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications