Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT
Accepted Solution

Can I sell my iPhone that's under a contract?

I've Been Here Awhile
dasf

I am currently a year and eight months into my 3 year contract with my iPhone 4.

So basically, my plan was to sell my iPhone while keeping my contract (sim card),

and buy a new phone from ebay, etc to use my sim card in.

Am I allowed to sell just the iPhone, or is it bound to the contract so that I cannot sell it?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.

Re: Can I sell my iPhone that's under a contract?

I Plan to Stick Around
wingman23
you can sell it sir. however, the phone will be locked to rogers. the buyer, then have the option to unlock/jailbreak it at his own will.

your contract however will still be showing that you have the iphone4 in your possession and everything stays the same.

go and post it in kijiji. good luck!
Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
dasf

Thanks a lot!

Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
heyyoudvd
I have a question to add to this. I'm selling a 32GB 4S that's locked to Rogers. How much do you think I should list it for on Kijiji? It's in mint condition.
Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Gdkitty
All depends. People often overprice on there in my opinion. I see people on there wanting $300+ for a 3G. Being locked will potentialy lower it's worth as one select people could buy.

If its mint, maybe 75% of its orig cost? That's my opinion.
I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
heyyoudvd

A 32GB 4S's original cost is $749. 75% of that would be $562. As much as I'd love to be able to get that amount, I feel like that's too high.

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Meowmix
You can sell it for around $450 -$500 if anything. That price is good to sell the 4S at.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
heyyoudvd

Should I list it at $500 and then allow them to negotiate down to $450 or should I just go for $450 right away and be firm with it? I'm afraid of going too high because it might scare people away, but I don't want to sell it for below what I can get, either. There's also the option to not post any price in the listing and to negotiate when they message me.

Hmm, I'm not sure. I don't have any experience selling things on Kijiji (or anywhere else online, for that matter), so I'm not sure which strategy is best.

Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
abby
heyyoudvd: I have same phone and going rate are from $320 to 520 ( been watching ebay ). If your not hurting for $ till friday, I woudl hold off till saturday etc when hits the news iphone 5 sold out hard to get scalpers selling at 2-3 cost then list at higher end of selling $500+. As thsi what happedn on 4s release
Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Gdkitty

Problem is after friday, you may see MANY more on those sites as well for sale.. all the 4s users upgrading to 5's, and trying to get rid of their 4s

Please use plain text.
Announcements
Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Latest Blog Post: Spotlight: SA8300HD PVR Hard Drive Dead

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades
Nos forums communautaires
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications