Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT
Accepted Solution

Nano sim

I've Been Here Awhile
Willywoo

I purchased a iPhone 5 from apple. I require a lte nano sim from Rogers.  How can I order that online from Rogers  and have it delivered?

Apple I was told does not offer sims with iPhone 5, nor did they inquire what carrier I use when I placed my online order with 

Them.

Please use plain text.

Re: Nano sim

I've Been Here Awhile
u2hibby

Would like to know as well.  Went to a rogers store today and they had no information on when they will get them in or if they will get enough to for folks who bought outright.

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
Resident Expert
Gdkitty

They SHOULD carry them otherwise, as they do for other sim cards. How many, outside of that they have for the phones they are selling, at launch, may be another story. In the long run I am sure they will, but may be in short supply to start.

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
iVinu

exactly, i ordered the iphone 5 online from apple.ca, and i called rogers, they have no clue about nano sims yet. they said it will be available when the iphone 5 hits the shelves. lets see. like i said, as soon as i receive my phone, i friggin want a sim card right away, so i can use it, rather than waiting for these carriers to have them in stock for another week. , hope they put it on there website like other sim cards they r selling. lets see

Please use plain text.

I'm Here A Lot
bdobson

In Vancouver I am seeing the same thing so far, no one has any idea when they are going to get them.

Although, one place did say that the sims would be given out on a case by case basis, provided they did not need them for contract phones.

Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
nasa25

I was able to pick up a nano sim from a Rogers in hamilton today but I had to call around for quite awhile to find sorties that had them and were willing to sell them before the 21st. 

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Meowmix
@nasa25

Most of the Rogers plus stores have them. They have been told that the store Managers can make the decision if they want to start selling them as of now or on the launch date.

I was able to buy 2 nano sim cards last night from the Rogers plus store near my work. They only had around 30 - 40 of them in stock.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
Willywoo

Hereus an update some other sitr posted which matches the previous posters re Rogers stores have/will have by 21st

From RogersChris:

"If you are activating an iPhone 5 in an Apple store, a customer will be provided a nano SIM card free of charge. However, Apple does not sell nano SIM cards out right. 

If you purchase an iPhone 5 on apple.ca, customers can purchase a nano SIM card on rogers.com or visit a Rogers store. At a Rogers store, if a customer activates a new postpaid plan, a nano SIM will be provided free of charge. Existing customers that require a nano SIM to replace their current SIM will be charged $9.99. Nano SIM cards purchased on rogers.com cost $9.99.

Nano SIM cards will be available on launch day. All Rogers stores will have them."

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
Resident Expert
Meowmix

Yes but not all stores may have a lot of stock. Remember every store gets whatever the warehouse sends them. It could be like around 100 or even 200 nano sim cards. They get stock every week anyways & sometimes they do a rush delivery for stocks.

Apple said they wont be selling any nano sim cards because all the phones they are selling, are locked to the carriers.

Also i doubt Rogers would charge customers if they are getting the iPhone 5 from them. The stores will give a nano sim card to each person that upgrades their account to the iPhone for free of charge. What chris ment is that if you just go to the store & ask for a sim card, they will charge you are $11 with taxes for it

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
mattmackenzie

I went to the Rogers Plus store in Dieppe, NB.  The guy there said that none of the corporate stores in the area are selling sims -- we will have to "wait until they run out of phones".

I'm seriously considering breaking contract with Rogers if I cannot get a SIM card by Friday.  This may be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Please use plain text.
Welcome

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades

Pour notre communauté en français cliquez-ici!

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count

socialicon Facebook Helps Compliment Concern

© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications