Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

How to activate a new SIM card?

I've Been Around
natasel85

I just purchased a new sim card today, but the problem is I don't know how to activate it. Can I activate it online? If so, how? And I know the number for Rogers but do I call their Tech Support? I am very confused when I call them because I'm not sure how to get the correct portal for SIM activation!

Please use plain text.

Re: How to activate a new SIM card?

[ Edited ]
Resident Expert
Meowmix

Hello natasel85

You can active a sim card online, at a Rogers store and over the phone.

If you have a My Rogers account online, log into your account - Overview - Change Sim Card. ( it will be in the middle top). You need to add the old sim card digits which are located on thr sim card and then add on the second line the new sim card digits.

If you want to activate the sim over the phone. You can do it with Tech support or ask for customer service. They will do it for you as well. You also need to give them the digits on the sim card as well for them to add it into your account.

At the store you ask the reps to add it into your account and they will.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
bennyb1978
What if you don't have the old sim number
Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Meowmix
Hello bennyb1978

As I said in your other post, You can call Rogers and have them activate the sim card for you. They do not need the old sim card number. You can do the same if you go to your local Rogers Plus store.

Doing it online requires that you have the old sim card on you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please use plain text.

I'm Here A Lot
ksrehman
Hello, is there a charge to switching SIM online?
Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Meowmix
Hello kserhman

You need to have a My Rogers online account with your account number registered to it. Once you do, go into My Rogers - Overview - Change Sim Card. That will prompt you to add the current sim card number and the new sim card number.

Please use plain text.

I'm Here A Lot
ksrehman

Thanks for the reply, I was able to find that in the portal, however I just want to confirm that switching SIM card online doesn't have a transaction / activation charge associated with it.

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Meowmix
You will not be charged for anything. The only time you will be charged is when you buy the sim card.

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
I've Been Around
Rq

how do i activate my new sim card?

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
Resident Expert
Gdkitty

You should be able to call in, or visit one of the stores.

Please use plain text.
Announcements
Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Latest Blog Post: Spotlight: Hitron CGN3 Port Forwarding

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades
Nos forums communautaires
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications