Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

Parental Control

I've Been Here Awhile
s_lg

Does anyone know of any apps or support that Rogers has for parental blocking/control options for cell phones for children?

Please use plain text.

Re: Parental Control

Former Moderator
RogersJean

Hi s_lg and welcome to the forums,

We have the Call Manager service.

You can quickly and easily create usage rules on-line based on:

• Time of day (no calls during school or after 9:00pm)
  • Day of the week
  • Specific Dates
  • Area codes or specific phone numbers (calls to family members only)

More information here: http://www.rogers.com/web/content/add-ons/callingservices?tab2_content&submenu8

In regards to 3rd party apps someone from the community may be able to provide more information. A good start would be to search "Parental Control" in the App Store itself.

Click on the thumbs up image  to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the Options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for.

Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
ahakansson

Rogers' support has told me that it is not possible to block or control text messaging

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Meowmix
If your son or daughter has a Rogers phone, you are able to go into the My Rogers app on the phone & block numbers that you do not want them texting.

You can also download a app from the app store & block numbers & all from there. Rogers does not block or control text messages.

Call Manager does not work properly like Rogers_Jean has said seeing as many of us with new computers / browsers are not able to access it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
Rayne76

There is the 'Suspend Usage' on the MyRogers site.  I have a question in now if I can use it daily.... can't see why I shouldn't be able to.  Only it's a PIA to have to go on every morning and evening to turn it on and off.

Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
mathiasstavridi

I have blocked text before on my child's phone. It was quite a while ago so I would check again.

Please use plain text.
Welcome

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades
Nos forums communautaires
Top Solution Authors
User Accepted Solutions Count
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count