Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

Echo on iPhone 5

I've Been Here Awhile
Gphoto28

So I would say since having my iPhone 5 since the day it shipped that almost every call that I've received (incoming) has had an annoying echo, that I cannot get rid of, unless I call the person back. I'm trying to figure out if anyone else is having this issue, if I have a bad iPhone 5, or it is a network problem?

I had a 3gs for 3 years, and I can remember this happening once or twice, but not on every call.

Please use plain text.

Re: Echo on iPhone 5

I've Been Around
TheSmoke

I have the same thing.  Mostly an echo when someone calls me, and not when I make a call. 

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
buckylasterd

Same thing happening to me

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Meowmix
This happens to every phone.. I owner the S3 and HTC Raider. Both have had that as well. Same with my Blackberry. It happens sometimes. If it keeps happening on a ongoing time, make a appointment with Apple Genius Bar and have them look at it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
burnjo

I am having the same problem with my Galaxy S3.  I have had it since August with no problems but the last week has started to echo my own voice.  This only happens when I recieve a call from a landline.  If I call back it is fine. Also if I receive call from another mobile phone it is fine.  

Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
Gphoto28

Be interestting to find out if this is a Roger's thing, or an Apple thing. Seems to me since it's happening on other phones, maybe it's a Rogers thing. I read somewhere to put the phone in speaker phone, and then turn it off, and that will re set, and fix the echo, but I've not tried it yet.

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Meowmix
That will fix it for me on many devices. The thing is that its most likely 99% Rogers fault. It does happen on other phones.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
bigblue

My Iphone has now been echoing for about 5 days.  Not every call echos but enough for it to be a distraction.

It also seems that quite often the call quality degenerates so bad that I cannot hear the other person making it a real nuisance.

This is what I have done:

- gone to Apple Store where they replaced the Rogers Sim card and reset the phone

- I came back home and restored the backup and synced the data and apps

- next day the echo is back - back to the Apple Store again this time to replace the phone.  Test all seems good

- come home and restore the back up and sync the data and apps

- next day the echo is back.  It seems that every call coming in now has an echo.

- I figure I cant continue this way so I call forward the phone to my wifes Iphone 4 - guess what?  Now the Iphone 4 starts echoing and it has never ever done this before in the past year.

- this time I figure it has to be the Rogers signal - call the Tech Support line

- Toronto technician tells me that to do a soft reset - Press Middle button and Top button at same time - he also resets our telephone line on his end - says that this problem happens when two towers communicate with the phone at the same time.

- shortly after that the echo is back!!

- it occurs to me that some calls are being forwarded from my office to me on Radiant.  I call the office and tell them to forward the calls to my wifes Iphone4 - now my wifes Iphone starts echoing so it has got to have something to do with the Rogers line.  Funny things is that once it echos it keeps echoing on the Iphone 4 - it is like it has become infected!

- we have to do 2 soft resets to get rid of the echoing.

- now I do not have any call forwarding to my Iphone 5 and have done 2 soft resets and so far so good.  We wills see where it goes from here.

Please use plain text.
socialicon Facebook Helps Compliment Concern

Welcome

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades

Pour notre communauté en français cliquez-ici!

Top Solution Authors
User Accepted Solutions Count
Top Kudoed Authors
© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications