Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

Charge for going over data limit?

I Plan to Stick Around
nloroff

I just got an iPhone a week ago and I received a text message from Rogers yesterday saying I'm at 100% of my data usage. This never happened to me with my old Blackberry and I checked my Rogers online account and I'm almost 250 mb over! Of course I can't find anywhere on the site how much Rogers charges in overage fees. I'm really angry because no one told me about possibly adding on data or the risk of going over with iPhones. Does anyone know how much they charge?

Re: Charge for going over data limit?

Resident Expert
Meowmix
The reason WHY you never went over your data on blackberry is because blackberry compresses the data. On iPhone's data is uses much more and is not compressed at all. Every app uses data and so does the phone. Depending on the data package you have the charge will be different. Which data package u have?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.

I Plan to Stick Around
nloroff

I have the 500 mb. I'm in for a huge charge aren't I?

I Plan to Stick Around
nloroff

Sorry, I have the BlackBerry 500 MB Data Plan, which doesn't make sense, does it?

[ Edited ]
Resident Expert
Meowmix

mine is 6GB blackberry data. It means nothing. . From what i remember its $25 for another 500mb. I would suggest calling Rogers and find out what it is. That is the best thing to do at this point.

Make sure you close all the apps when you are done. Double press on the home bottun and press down on the app, it will wiggle and just click on the red little button to close it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.

[ Edited ]
I Plan to Stick Around
will2145

why does it say I have 3GB data remaining??? I have a 1GB data plan. I've only used like 700 kb of data

I've Been Around
visaliram

I took my Iphone by mistake to India. I never even knew that Iphone was in my handbag. It must have beeen completely dead without charging after a few days. I stayed in India for a month and when I returned to Canada I got the shock of my life. The data roaming charge in my bill was $736.

I paid an additional $1200 to disconnect all my plans (home phone, internet, cable and all three of my cell phones) and got rid of Rogers for ever from my life. I am able to breathe now

I Plan to Stick Around
Ampler

@ visaliram

I don't see how you can blame Rogers at all for your situation.

I'm Here A Lot
sdfasf

Its a bug with iOS6.  Are you using the new Podcast app or iTunes match? it seems there are bugs with this software (from what ive read online) and ios6 causing massive amounts of data to be downloaded.

should be fixed in 6.0.1, but for hte time being, i would uninstall those apps

socialicon Helps Facebook Compliment Concern

Welcome

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades

Pour notre communauté en français cliquez-ici!

Top Solution Authors
User Accepted Solutions Count
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications