Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

iPhone 3GS Will NOT pick up 3G service anymore,only works in 2G. WTF?

I've Been Here Awhile
MdMcLean

I Have had my iPhone for 16 months changed over from Bell because of service coverage issues were I worked my wife now has my Bell iPhone and its working perfect on there 3G Network but my Rogers iPhone decided one day 2 weeks ago to not work on 3G. and Yes I live in a 3G serviced area and yes I have took it into the store with no luck even with there boosters it just displays "No Service" in 3G enabled mode and only picks up signal in 2G. What's going on? Is the phone screwed? Or is Rogers screwed? We pay way to much for cell phone service in this country to receive **bleep** devices and **bleep** poor service! Little help please! 

Thanks,

Mr. Loosing Money by the day

Please use plain text.

Re: iPhone 3GS Will NOT pick up 3G service anymore,only works in 2G. WTF?

Resident Expert
Chris

First try resetting the phone. 

Settings -> General -> Reset.

If that doesn't work try resetting the network settings.

If that doesn't work try a restore in itunes. If that doesn't work do the restore again without installing the backup and set the phone up from scratch.

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Pauly
if other people get the same problem in your area then i think it might be a network related problem. did you jailbrake your phone by any chance? cus ive seen that mess up the 3G.
I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
x97mdr

My 3G is down as well, Tunneys Pasture area in Ottawa.  I'm not getting any service (E or 3G however)

Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
MdMcLean

so I did as you Said with no luck and no the phone has not been jail broke, could the sin card be faulty?

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Chris
Could be a sim card problem.. Try getting Rogers to exchange it... If that fails exchange the phone...
Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
MdMcLean

Thanks for all your help Chris! I just replaced my sim card with someone else's and still no 3G and then when he put it back in his iPhone it picked up 3G on his phone ... so I guess all signs point to phone is screwed! .. should have bought the extended warranty I guess!

Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
dedutch

I have the same problem with my 3GS (Downtown Vancouver area). Tried all the available resets. I have a Blackberry 9780 as well, works perfectly, never a loss in signal. Tried switching the SIMs, still the same issue. Phone won't hold onto 3G or servicer at all.

Rogers Tech Support claimed it was the phone itself. My iPhone was out of warranty so rather than pay $180 (!!!!!) to accelerate and use up my upgrade (with the looming iPhone 5 around the corner) for an iPhone 4, I paid Apple $229+HST for an Out of Warranty 3G@ replacement from Apple. Plugged in the SIM, got it setup and the same problem. Now I've just spent $235 ON ROGER'S RECOMMENDATION for a new phone which was suppose to resolve the issue and it has done nothing.

Tech Support has "escalated" the issue to their network team and will get back to me in 72 hours allegedly. I will wait patiently with a useless BRAND NEW iPhone for their response.

Next step will be cancelling my accounts all together. "I don't know what the problem is" or "you need to get a new phone" are not acceptable answers from Rogers, particularly when they have added hundreds of dollars in costs out of MY POCKET.

Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
ButteredBacon

Hey, any luck getting this resolved?

I'm now having the same issues.  Tried all the same things (except the new phone !).

Any help appreciated.

Save My Bacon.

Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
wayner41

i live in condo.  on andriod I use just the 2g   set it up that way because on 3g my phone will evetually just go out.     it dont ring then phone calls go right to voicemail.        

Please use plain text.
Announcements
Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Latest Blog Post: Happy Birthday Idea Box!!

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades
Nos forums communautaires
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications