Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

iPhone 5 4g H+ LTE Problems

I've Been Here Awhile
randomdefence

Hello, 

I upgraded from my 4s and noticed that so far, even though my area supports 4g and H+ my phone has only been connecting to 3g. I have been on the phone with rogers tech support for the better part of the day and think it's a problem in my area. Is there anyone in the woodstock ontario area on here with these problems? Or have other people been having this problem in other areas?

Please use plain text.

Re: iPhone 5 4g H+ LTE Problems

Resident Expert
Meowmix
Hello randomdefence

Here in Toronto I am not having any issues like that. The phone it self will NOT show 4G or H+. Its going to show GSM / 3G / LTE. That is what the iPhone 5 will only show. So if you are only seeing 3G & you want to see 4G or H+ that is the reason why you are not seeing it..

As for LTE. Do you have a LTE nano sim card? Also when you got the phone, did the reps tell you about LTE & see if it worked?

http://redboard.rogers.com/2012/brace-for-speed-rogers-lte-coming-to-28-more-cities-in-2012/

It could be Rogers because here it does not show " Woodstock" Anywhere where it says there is LTE or no LTE.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
randomdefence
I know my area does not support lte yet, however the Rogers tech said today on the phone that the phone will physically say 4g or h+ when connected to an high speed network. And yes, I have an lte nanosim and an lte ready data account.
Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
randomdefence
And the average speed I've been getting all day is 6.5 down, and 1.5 up. Which is average hspa and not hspa+ speeds.
Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
abby
This could be from multiple issues.

One issue could be network congestion, so 4G speeds/connections will be 3g time or slower if network very busy.

As well, 6.5 down is pretty good, as even 3 g areas of congestion breaks down to 1-3 down, so you may indeed be on 4g connection that is busy.

As stated the iphone 5 will not show 4 or h+ unlike other phones.

As well the ultimate test is, do a speed text, drive 15 kms to another area and do again and see if changes.
Please use plain text.

I'm Here A Lot
jhkjhlkglkuuuuu

Anyone getting LTE in London?

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
I Plan to Stick Around
Phonzo

Based on the following:

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=NEW_GCT&_nfls=true&setLanguage=en&temp...

LTE is coming soon to London - you might start seeing it switch over from time to time in advance of it "officially" launching.

Woodstock does not have LTE coverage nor does it appear it is planned for that area.

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
I Plan to Stick Around
AnthonyM88

I live in Mississauga, and in my certain little area, it keeps switching between LTE and 3G, and I only have like 2 bars most of the time, but if I go down the street, I get full bars LTE, with download speeds of up to 52mbps. It is ridiculous that I cannot get that speed at my house, but literally 2 blocks away I get it.

Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
abby

Phonzo wrote:

Based on the following:

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=NEW_GCT&_nfls=true&setLanguage=en&temp...

LTE is coming soon to London - you might start seeing it switch over from time to time in advance of it "officially" launching.

Woodstock does not have LTE coverage nor does it appear it is planned for that area.

Maps are not all that accurate, I live in rural cottage area no where near closest LTE enabled city, and a select area ( money rollers 3 million dollar cottages +, and diplomats ) have LTE.   Alll I just have to say is 'POWER AND PULL', local residents enjoying it.

Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
geoff890

can anyone explain as to why the iPhone 5 shows the connection as 3G when its on 4G HSPA+? on other networks it shows the 4G indicator like it should. and even on other cell phones, for example android, on the rogers network it shows the 4G or H+ indicators. so why doesn't the iPhone on rogers network?

Please use plain text.
Announcements
Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Latest Blog Post: Introducing - Rogers Community Lounge

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades
Nos forums communautaires
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications