Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

Re: LG Optimus 3D P925G update???

I've Been Around
WTP

HELLO EVERYONE THE GINGER BREAD UPDATE VERSION 2.3.5 IS NOW AVAILABLE THROUGH THE LG WEBSITE FOR THE LG OPTIMUS 3D I JUST UPDATED MINE YESTERDAY SO FAR SO GOOD CANT WAIT FOR ICE-SCREAN SANDWHICH NOW LOL :-)

Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
bdrcooper

I also just updated to Android 2.3.5 today.  It was actually pretty painless, and my initial impression is that I am getting faster download speeds; my phone seems to be running data-intensive applications faster than before.  Gotta like that.

Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
Sithlord2K

Has anyone had any problems after doing the 2.3 update? I'm not too sure mine completed properly. It shows 2.3.5 for the android version. However, I don't see any improvement in data speeds or performance. Some things are slightly different. I also noted that a wipe of the phone did not happen like the software said it would. Anyone else experience this? Should I just manually perform the wipe and check it after?

Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
BigAlFry

For anyone who wants this and has not downloaded it yet, for the love of god dont!

Ever since I updated mine I have had nothing but problems.

People send me texts, I dont always receive them

People call me, it doesnt always ring.

Before the update I had 4G everywhere I went.  Now I can rarely get a data connection.  I get notifications for emails (set to push notifications) that I received several hours ago because it can barely ever get a data connection.  Horribly frustrating when I use to use data ALL the time.  I'm now stuck in a contract paying for a 6GB data plan that I can't even use anymore.

I'm taking mine back to rogers so that they can try their hand at repairing it since it's still under warranty.  If they can't fix it then I imagine they will offer me a replacement - if the replacement O3D doesnt work I pray to god that they offer to replace it with something else so that I can go back to having a functioning smart phone.

LG has released an update for european O3D's that fix the radio/phantom call issues but of course Rogers is holding up the update from making it's way to us.  Lord knows when/if we will ever get it.

My other option is waiting for the ICS update later this year but LG announced it would release the update in the 3rd quarter of 2012 which means Rogers will sit on it for months and then finally let us have it.  Horrible horrible experience owning this **bleep** LG.

Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
Sithlord2K
I've been having the same problems since the update. My connection wireless and data will "freeze" and when this happens my O3D gets quite hot and the battery dies fast. I have spoken with @RogersHelps and they tell me to arrange replacement (which comes with a $35 fee) and get the same phone.... I have a feeling I will end up going back to them again with the same issues. I'm tired of not getting texts or calls because of botched firmware. And for those waiting for ICS, LG has stated that the Canadian O3D will not get this update. The O3D we have is actually a renamed LG Thrill 4G. If you look on the "About Phone" section of the settings menu it will have the model of p925g, the actual O3D is p920. It's sad that the only phones that get timely OS updates are the Nexus phones. If I get another O3D from Rogers and have the same problems I will not settle for anything but a Samsung Galaxy Nexus as a replacement for a 2nd faulty O3D.
Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
cgoyette
Is it true we will not be getting ICS on O3D ? Please an answer from Rogers !
Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Meowmix
I have never heard that so i do not know where you got that from. Rogers will not comment on updates if they have no info on. There is a thread where they will give more info on updates when they get the info. They will update that list as well.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/GeneralCareSupport/thread-id/355
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
cgoyette

Thank you for the reply Meowmix :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
SupraGuy
Due to other issues, I got this update. Pretty much painless, but I get weird battery life issues. From time to time I get battery drain at the same speed as if I'm playing a CPU intensive game. This happens while the phone is 100% idle. I am watching for bandwidth issues, but haven't caught anomalies.

Overall I am happy with the Gingerbread update,except for that issue.
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
I Plan to Stick Around
Dads3D

Just wondering when the LG optimus 3D is going to recieve ice cream sandwich update. I have been reading that the update would be in the 3rd quarter of this year but not seeing anything on the rogers site about updates yet??

Please use plain text.
Welcome

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades

Pour notre communauté en français cliquez-ici!

Top Solution Authors
User Accepted Solutions Count
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count

socialicon Facebook Helps Compliment Concern

© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications