Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

Re: THE MODEL NUMBER FOR S4

Resident Expert
Meowmix
Hello jayposer2000

Samsung Canada always puts M behind their numbers on the Canadian versions. The ATT model is the exact SAME model as the Canadian one.

Bell & Telus carry the SGH-1337M. Same Model as Rogers & ATT.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
joevoisin

Meowmix wrote:
Hello jayposer2000

Samsung Canada always puts M behind their numbers on the Canadian versions. The ATT model is the exact SAME model as the Canadian one.

Bell & Telus carry the SGH-1337M. Same Model as Rogers & ATT.

Pretty sure that the Rogers variant is NOT boot locked though.  16Gb flash though.. and Jellybean doesn't allow installing apps to external flash..

still, AT&T locked bootloader is a problem.. stick with the rogers one  the SGH-i337m.. picking mine up monday..

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Meowmix
Hello joevoisin

Wrong. Samsung has updated the OS and you can now install apps on your SD Card. I did this with my S4 just last week. Also if you see, my post was from May. It's end of September now.

Yes that is correct. Canadian S4s have unlocked boot loaders meanwhile the ATT one is locked. Still does not make that big of a difference seeing as they are both the same models just difference one is unlocked BT and the other one has a locked BT.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.
Announcements
Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Latest Blog Post: Community Highlights: GENERAL NETWORKING Q & A

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades
Nos forums communautaires
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications