Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT
Accepted Solution

Galaxy S2 LTE cannot connect to Kies

I've Been Here Awhile
NathanielZ

Hello all

I have a galaxy s2 skyrocket with android version 4.0.4 (ics). I wanted to connect to Kies to see if there was an update, but I discovered my phone is not seen by kies anymore. That is the case on two computers.

About the phone, it only had stock ROM, the original was gingerbread, which I updated to 4.0.4 through Kies sometime this year. Later, I had to do a factory reset. Now, I cannot link the phone to kies, even if the computer sees it (both on a pc and laptop, both with win7).

Any suggestions? I reinstalled kies to the latest version, but it always says Please connect a device.

Thanks

Nathaniel

Please use plain text.

Re: Galaxy S2 LTE cannot connect to Kies

Resident Expert
Meowmix
Hello NathanielZ

Its known that the S2 LTE from Rogers has issues on Kies. Kies won't recongize it has it is not supported on Kies. This is something Samsung needs to fix. Last time I heard, Samsung said they are fixing this issue.

Nothing is wrong on your end tho. Its Samsungs fault here. You can try to unistall it and reistall a new copy of Kies and see if that will work.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
NathanielZ

Hi Meowmix

Thanks for your answer... So if I get it right, my phone was able to update from gingerbread to ics, but now it cannot be seen and thus I cannot upgrate it to jellybean (when it comes out)?

Is there any other way to upgrade the skyrocket to JB besides kies?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Meowmix
From what I know, the S2 LTE does not have OTA ( over the air updates) unless Samsung updated it and added it. If you want, contact Samsung and see what they can go. JB isn't being released until mid Jan so if anything, Rogers and Samsung will announce on how to update the S2 LTE and with what program.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
5ndime

Yes, there is the option of OTA updates on the S2 now.  From what I read S2 update to jelly bean will be avail at the end of Jan.  

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Meowmix
That is true however until Rogers & Samsung announces the update, we can not assume or say if it will be over OTA or threw the computer.

Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
TechSavy

Well what has happened since then anybody?

I have Android 4.1.2 installed in this Skyrocket and still no solution. When I reinstalled KIES on Windows 7 I was able to connect through the Setup Menu with the USB settings.

It only happened once.

After that nothing.

Windows 7 acknowledges the connection and is unable to read the drive.

Comes up with the "Please insert disk in removable drive"

Any solutions?

Please use plain text.
© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications