Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

Switching SIM Cards

I've Been Around
bboz9

Hi, I currently have a samsung corby and I am wondering if I could buy a new Samsung galaxy s3 and not upgrade my plan. Could I then put the Sim card from my old phone into the gs3???

Please use plain text.

Re: Switching SIM Cards

I Plan to Stick Around
confyzone
You definetly should be able to. I can't recall if the S3 uses micro or regular sim, but even if it does use mirco, you just need to go into rogers and they can cut the regular into a micro for you
Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Meowmix
You will need to buy a Micro Sim Card for the Samsung Galaxy S3. I just got one my self this morning & i was told i it takes a micro sim card.

Call up Rogers & have them register the sim card OR you can do it online via My Rogers - Overview - Change Sim Card. ( Sometimes this option may not work.)

I would not suggest cutting the sim card to a micro sim card because i did that & i had a few issues. I started getting headaches when i even went near the antenna of the phone & when i removed the back & touched the sim card, i started getting migranes & such. Also i had seen that my signal dropped.

It is up to your own choice but i suggest buying a Micro Sim card for $11 bucks at your local Rogers plus store or any Cellphone store.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
Fairlygodmother

your better off ordering a free Micro SIM from Rogers because cutting SIMs can cause them to be ...well a little touch and go if not cut perfectly. All you will need to do then is call Rogers to ask them to switch you number over to the new sim. they can do it almost straight away on the phone. they will only want the long number at the back of the sim so have it ready before you call.

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Meowmix
Hello Fairlygodmother

Please do NOT give false info. When you order a sim card from Rogers, you will need to pay $9.99 + tax. Also you just go to the store or call Rogers & have them activate the sim card, you do not need to transfer numbers or anything.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
Chrystiality

Sometimes Rogers does give the SIM card for free. I've never ordered one, but have gone into the store & not paid. Happened when I bought my Note, and thought it took a mini (it doesn't)... cut it down, then figured out I made a boo-boo :smileytongue:

So, it happens. Just don't expect it :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
Resident Expert
Meowmix

Hello Chrystiality

Its rare for that to happen unless you get the device from the store or buy a device. You can always contact Rogers retentions & give you a $10 credit on your account BUT you will need to buy the sim card from the store
& then the credit goes into your invoice.

Its rare for a store to give you a sim card for free but it does happen once in a blue moon like it did with you:smileyhappy:. The stores will charge you tho to get a sim.

Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
button123

iIf i'm under my parents plan and i go into switch my sim card for my iphone. Do my parents need to be there or can i do it myself?

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Meowmix
Hello button123

If your parents can add you as a level 1 on the account, then yes you can go into the store & do it. As for the moment tho, your parents will need to go in with you & do it. Mind you, you can just go get the sim card, log into My Rogers - Overview - Change Sim Card. You can do it this way as well if you have the account connected to My Rogers online.

Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
safedudesafe
Please use plain text.
Announcements
Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Latest Blog Post: Spotlight: Connnecting my Wireless Printer to the Hitron CGN3

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades
Nos forums communautaires
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications