Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

HTC One X 4.0.4?

I've Been Here Awhile
falcons2121

When is Rogers going to release 4.0.4 ICS?  I'm not even asking for Jelly Bean, since i know we are still many months away, but come on, 4.0.4 has been released by AT&T a month ago. 

Please use plain text.

Re: HTC One X 4.0.4?

I Plan to Stick Around
confyzone
I thought the One X on rogers came with 4.0.4?

If I'm mistaken, then best bet would be within the month, since after all rogers needs to make sure their software is still included in the upgrade.
Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Meowmix
The HTC One X comes with Android 4.0.3 with Sense 4.0.

Rogers may take a while to update any phones they have because they need to add their own bloatware & make sure the update that HTC provides, works with all the Rogers networks & such. Rogers is known to update their devices pretty late compare to their comparators.

You could always flash a custom ROM from XDA if you like as well.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
I've Been Around
bosshog7_2000

I laugh at how Rogers always stalls and delays the rollout of newer FW/SW because they're worried about how it will effect their bloatware that I would never purchase/use.  For starters, I like the earlier poster would be happy with 4.0.4 for now as it addresses some issues...there should be no delay on this.  I realize the delay on Jelly Bean has it has to be fully tested but even that takes Rogers far too long.  People who buy the top end phones care about having the latest/greatest FW/SW, we don't want to wait 6 months to a year for something that is out there and works.

It's annoying because now I am going to have to waste my time figuring out how to unlock the phone and update to 4.0.4 by myself.  Ughhh.

Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
jackaninny

It would be nice to have some comment to this, from anybody from Rogers.  I came from a Nexus device and having to wait this long for an ICS update is silly.  Nexus are already on JB.  I don't really want to unlock it yet but if there is no omment soon I might just have to.  At least i can remove Rogers crapware.

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Meowmix
The only device from the nexus line that has JB is the Nexus S.The Galaxy Nexus has NOT received the JB update at all. They are on 4.0.2 as of yesterday when it got pushed out.

When Rogers gets the update they will have to test everything on it to make sure it works on the network without any issues and add their bloatware. This will take time. Remember the S3 isn't on JB as well. We are stuck on 4.0.4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
jefflessard

Let's hope this post reveals to be true.  If so, september 18th is the day.

http://www.androidbugle.com/2012/09/rogerstelus-htc-one-x-to-get-update-to.html

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Meowmix
If you also read you will see " While Telstra's schedule isn't an indication of what Rogers/TELUS will do but we hope that the schedules will be similar."

This means that Rogers & Telus may get it after or before that date. We will not know until Rogers releases it or someone comes here & let us know.

Hopefully it is that date as well.
Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
jefflessard

I guess it wasn't today for 4.0.4 and sense 4.1...  I really don't understand why a small "dot" update can take so long to reach customers.  HTC originally released it over a monh ago!  I mean, maybe I'm missing something....  I would understand for a major OS release though.  

I now understand why fragmentation has always been Android's achile's heel.

Finally, I am now scared to ask for the Jelly Bean update.  Is it still possible to think that it will occur in 2012?

Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
jackaninny

Well JB has been announced for Oct realese.  Rogers are we going to see this one month behind everybody else?

Please use plain text.
socialicon Facebook Helps Compliment Concern

Welcome

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades

Pour notre communauté en français cliquez-ici!

Top Solution Authors
User Accepted Solutions Count
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications