TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whole home PVR nextbox 3.0

[ Edited ]
I've Been Here Awhile

Whole home PVR nextbox 3.0

[ Edited ]

Upgraded to nextbox 3.0 in kitchen. I am pretty sure I had Whole Home PVR before. Now its not working. Do I need a tech?

***Edited Labels*** 

Re: Whole home PVR nextbox 3.0

Rogers Employee

If you have Whole Home PVR, a technician is always supposed to come out if you get a new box. They need to make sure the boxes are all synched up correctly. If you just upgraded on your own without a tech then yes someone will need to come out to synch them up.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you!!

[ Edited ]
I Plan to Stick Around

[ Edited ]

Whole Home PVR - Is it included in basic setup?

Hi all,

I signed up for Rogers Cable in  September 2016 and have a Netbox 3.0 HD PVR. I recently added a second HD terminal to my basement.

I noticed that Whole Home PVR was not configured? However, according to the knowledge base article, Whole Home PVR should have been included in my original installation? There is no stipulation on the KB article that only users with 2+ boxes get Whole Home PVR setup.

Did the tech take a shortcut when they setup my account originally or is this standard procedure only to enable Whole Home PVR for new customers that order 2 boxes?

If I call a tech out to setup Whole Home PVR, I don't think I should pay as according to the KB article it is included for new installs?

Resident Expert

Hello @coolspot,

It is possible the technician forgot to enable the Whole Home PVR service.  To have this addressed,

call 1-888-ROGERS-1 and request a technician be dispatched (to enable your Whole Home PVR service).

Considering this was missed, there should be no charge.

Please let us know how things turn out!

I'm an Advisor

coolspot wrote:

I signed up for Rogers Cable in  September 2016 and have a Netbox 3.0 HD PVR. I recently added a second HD terminal to my basement.

There would have been no reason to "enable" WHPVR when you only had the one box (the 9865 - NB3).  Now that you have another box, you'll need to have WHPVR enabled.  This will require a technical visit to put in the appropriate "filter" for WHPVR and proper setup of your two boxes.

Once you have WHPVR you can sometimes add another box without a technical visit but even then a visit is often required to add another box, but sometimes it can be accomplished by phone.  I'm sure if you explain the situation, there will not be a charge for the technical visit.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
I've Been Here Awhile

[ Edited ]

Problems with Rogers Whole Home PVR

We have had some problems with out cable system. The latest issue is with the whole home PVR. We have had all the boxes replaced in our home. You can see the TV channels in the different rooms on the live TV but what is happening is you can see the recorded shows come up on the list but when you go to play them back, they won't play. The issue is intermittent as one day they will work and the next they won't. We have done things such as unplugging the boxes and rebooting them but still not working. This issue just happened again tonight so we again unplugged the units and replugged them back in and rebooted them. I want to add an interesting point in that sometimes when this happens we will have recorded two separate shows that same day. One will playback immediately and the other will not. The best way to describe the one that won't playback is that it takes a about 5-10x longer to start the playback and when it does there is no sound and it does it in slow motion where it will start the video moving and then pause itself and the continue and keep doing this. So not watchable. The other show still plays back perfectly. Just really strange.

I am hoping someone will have suggestions for this.

Thank you for any help.

Greetings @dmpaul007!

Welcome to our Community!

In a situation like this, I'd definitely want to run some tests and check the area for any issues. I use the Whole Home feature quite often so I know it's annoying when it doesn't work!

Please PM us @CommunityHelps for further assistance. You can find instructions on how to PM us here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 in conversation