Hi. Anyone having problem with the rogers remote changing the tv input by itself?. Its my dads tv with nextbox 3.0 pvr. He says when he is changing channels with remote...some times the tv will switch input modes.The remote is programmed to control the tv volume,power off etc.. I have noticed the tv has switched modes from hdmi to cable mode. He is not tech savy,but he says he doesnt touch the top buttons audio,tv etc. This has been happening for the last couple weeks. So when it happens, he would be stranded for hours without a picture until I get there. When I get there the tv will be in cable mode I guess, channel 3 with static. I would then just grab the tv remote and change input back to HDMI . I did phone rogers tech and he said that proplem happens the odd time....so he gave a procedure to change the type of sygnal (rf maybe,not sure) coming from the remote...press and hold on the up directional button and hold setup. That socalled fix did not fix the problem. The tv still changes input by itself when changing channels with the rogers remote. This problem occurs a couple times a day.
Any help would be great
Solved! Solved! Go to Solution.
...he says he doesnt touch the top buttons audio,tv etc.
The only thing I can think of is that he does accidentally switch to "TV" mode on the top buttons. You should be able to check this yourself by changing to "TV" mode, press the numerical buttons until the input changes (say when pressing the "1"). You can then change back to "CBL" mode and see if any of the numerical buttons change inputs in CBL mode.
My elderly father (over 90) occasionally had the same issue, but I was able to help him over the phone - ie, pick up TV remote, press input button slowly, repeatedly until picture comes back... Then make sure to press the CBL button on the Rogers remote...
Some TVs allow you to "lock out" various inputs in the TV setup menu. Many of these TVs unfortunately do not allow you to lock out the "antenna" input though and if you press a channel number in TV mode, the TV will switch to that (antenna) input.
He may also be pressing the video/source button at the bottom left of some Rogers remotes? (Top left of the new Champion remote?)
If the above doesn't help, please provide the make/model of the TV and the model number of the Rogers remote.
Actually I just tried his remote. I push tv mode on rogers remote then hit numeric button number 1 and tried different numbers,combos and the tv didnt switch modes. I also tried video/source and does not do a thing also. Strange.
Also, returned the pvr yesterday and got one of the new remotes that has all the buttons light up to see if problem will be fixed. Still acts up. On another strange note.. the new remote that I picked up yesterday...the volume and changing channels doesnt work half the time, so still using the old remote.
All I know is that my dad is ready to through the pvr and remote out the window. Top it off doesnt help that the pvr has been rebooting quite a few times this past week
Remote has some numbers on the back.. not sure if its model number. It is 1056B03.
TV model Haier # HL32D2a
take a look at this website:
let us know which model remote from this website your dad has.
If it is the champion remote
you can change the video input button to something other than the tv. What I would do is program a DVD player as an example, then lock the video input lock to the DVD player. That way even if someone hits the video input button it won't change the tv input since it's locked to a DVD player.
1. Remote has some numbers on the back.. not sure if its model number. It is 1056B03.
2. TV model Haier # HL32D2a
1. Yes, that's the model number of the remote (1056)
2. It's possible that this "off-brand" TV uses an IR "code" that is very similar to (or even exactly the same as) one of the numeric keys on the Rogers remote to change inputs. If this is the case, the solution may be very tricky to find (without changing out the TV). I'm assuming that this started happening from day one with the 9865 PVR.
3. An option might be to separate the PVR and the TV somewhat so that you can point the remote at one or the other so that the IR "spray" doesn't affect the TV. Sometimes people even put a piece of cardboard or metal up as a "deflector" in front of the IR sensor on the affected devices so that a particular device only receives the IR signal when the remote is pointed directly at it.
4. If the IR signal for the input change is not exactly identical to (but close to) one of the Rogers numeric keys, then another remote like a Harmony programmable remote may not affect the TV in the same way... I have heard of these sorts of (IR Code) conflicts before.
For the Rogers remote to work properly, the CBL button at the top must be pressed to control both the TV and STB. I keep my remotes in the side pocket of my recliner and you never know what button will get pressed rummaging around in there. So every time I get out the Rogers remote, I press the CBL button to be sure.
Get another Champion Remote and pair it using RF instead or IR. That way even if the TV uses the same IR as the NextBox it'll be in RF mode and only use IR for the TV commands.
I have both my Champion Remotes using RF and it's been working flawlessly on my Nextbox 3.0 and 4K.
Every SmackDown championship is on the line at WWE's most golden event of the year! Don't miss Jinder Mahal, AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Charlotte Flair and all your favorites!Order the event through your remote on channels 348 (HD), 350 (SD) or order the WWE Network on channel 512 (ON) & 398 (ATL.)