Nextbox 3.0 recording issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Nextbox 3.0 recording issue

I recently ugraded to a Nextbox 3.0 and am having trouble with recording anything.

I get the error " ................................................. will not be able to record due to limited space available on your PVR. Please click Manage Recordings below and remove some recordings in order to ensure there is enough space for this program". How can I wipe out the PVR?

I just got the box less than a week ago (haven't used it yet) and there are no recording on/or shown when I go to the "My Recordings" place.

I spent 2 hours with Rogers online, they had no suggestions and also disconnected me. Obviously they have no idea about any of equipment.

Please help

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Nextbox 3.0 recording issue

Assuming you have already rebooted the box couple of times and let it stay on for a day or two - try exchanging the box, cause it might be faulty hard drive there,

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, sounds like a faulty drive to me.

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, Ihave tried rebooting and resetting to factory settings. I will try and return the unit. Thanks for your help!

I've Been Around

Hi there,

I am wondering if there is going to be a functioning firmware patch to fix all the bugs to the nextbox 3.0?  I had just got it 3 weeks ago and am really thinking of returning to my old PVR as this new box has so many issues up until last night.  I have had it replaced once in the 3 weeks…I had a tech come over to say that Rogers is working on a patch etc…

The issues are:

-          Did not allow me to record shows.  I chose the channel pushed record then it stopped right away.

-          The shows that did record I could not play from the beginning like my old PVR while it was recording

-          The shows that ended the recording phase, I pushed play and it was all blank screens

-          Aside from recording, some channels I want to watch that I DO pay for just show up as a blank screen stating I am not authorized.

Each time I re-booted fixed the errors but I have re-booted this box many times and I am beginning to be frustrated….any help would be nice at this point before I decide to scrap the rogers service.

I just got off the phone with the support line and they tell me that this has been fixed and they did not hear of any of these problems!!!!???? but I have been reading these newsgroups and people have these similar issues.

Any help?

Thank you

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Some of the issues are hit and miss.. could be area related from the head end... or could be box by box.
Some users have been pretty much perfectly fine, others nothing but issues.

When the tech was out, did he actually CHECK anything, signal levels, etc?

Blank channels/not authorized, can often be from signal issues.
These boxes seem ALOT more senstive to slightly bad signal.. sowhat was good for one box, may not be good for the new ones.

(there was a patch that some seems to get the last few days.. which MAY have been designed to fix some of the issue.. but the patch had issues in of itself and was completely locking up boxes for the last day or so... but again, only certain areas, etc).

I'm a Senior Contributor

Gdkitty wrote:

(there was a patch that some seems to get the last few days.. which MAY have been designed to fix some of the issue.. but the patch had issues in of itself and was completely locking up boxes for the last day or so... but again, only certain areas, etc).

We're talking $500 boxes here. Rogers needs to enact a MASS RECALL until they get this mess cleaned up. Obviously a LARGE number of the NextBox 3.0's are incapable of running on the Rogers network RELIABLY.

ANY credible company with ANY amount of Corporate Responsibilty would issue a recall notice at the first sign of MASS identifiable hardware issues for $500 pieces of equipment.

Yea I know, this post is total "Hogwash"
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Mass recall for WHAT?  Its a FIRMWARE problem.
They need to be better at pushing proper FIRMAWARE pushes.. without error, so things like this doesnt happen.

By the time they change the firmware, stop pushing it, etc, would be QUICKER than everyone returning boxes.  If that BAD firmware is still being pushed, the new boxes will get the SAME problem.

The boxes, CAN run reliably.. if the network is ok.
I tend to live in an area, where there is LITTLE network issues (likely due to to smaller volume,etc say compared to Toronto, lower GTA, etc).
My box is 100% fine, and has been since install, only ONE reboot since install.

YES, this is still 100% in rogers to fix.  No arguments there.
But its a NETWORK/FIRMAWRE issue primarily for alot of this... NOT hardware.

I'm a Senior Contributor

@Gdkitty

I see you're new to firmware issues.

Solution: Rogers recalls the boxes in circulation and ISSUES NEW FACTORY FRESH boxes with VANILLA factory firmware that has been tested and working.

In many cases, firmware revisions CANNOT be rolled back so the boxes in circulation NOW must be recalled and returned to the factory so a NEW BIOS chip can be installed.

I'm sure if Rogers was able to ROLL BACK the firmware to an earlier WORKING revision they would have done so already.

Yea I know, this post is total "Hogwash"
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Or push a newer which fixes it. Which has/is what normally happens in most of these cases with major mistakes in the pas (with SARA, nb2). There are users who have had the current issue already resolved, so Rogers have done something (either rollback or new patch) may not have reached all yet.

I get what you are saying. And don't 100% disagree with it. Some form of voluntary exchange if one so wishes.

But to set it as a RECALL in legal terms is a whole other ball game. Usually this is done when something is non fixable.
I have felt with a recall through the company I work for, and when declaring the recall, it must be left for x number of years (may varry based on the product type, problem, etc).
Say it had to be left for 3 years. Someone at the 3 year point who doesn't have the problem now but bought durring that time could then exchange it, as it fell in the buying range, even though the unit is out of warranty.

What's New
2018 VIVO IPL 11
April 7th - May 27th, 2017
Full Package
Sportsnet PPV: 377 HD | 378 SD
Price: $29.99
Playoff Matches
Sportsnet PPV: 348 HD | 250 SD
Price: $14.99/game
Full Details and Schedule

The VIVO IPL is a professional Twenty20 cricket league established by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) in 2007. The tournament features eight teams from across India with some of the most exciting and talented cricket players in the world! The 2018 season of the Indian Premier League, the VIVO IPL 11, begins its eleventh season on April 7th.

Topic Stats