NextBox just died

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

NextBox just died

Got a call from my wife saying that the TV is displaying no input "HDMI"

I asked her to reboot the NextBox but no luck, no lights or time displayed on the box.

I know now that it has to be brought in for a replacement but what happens to the shows that we have PVR'd?

I would hate for them to be gone.

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: NextBox just died

Unfortunately, if you replace the box, all recordings are lost.  Nextbox is not designed to all for transfer of PVR data from one device to another, even if you had an extender.  It is all encrypted and tied to the specific box it was taped on.

Unless anyone has some diagnostic suggestions on how they may get the box back from the dead, your recordings are lost.

Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor

That's an odd condition for the NB..for it to not get any power whatsoever ( which is what seems to be happening with absolutely no display or lights).

Before replacing the box, make sure the cord is plugged in securely at both ends. If that doesn't work,see if Rogers will just replace the power cord...maybe the transformer has given up - not the box.

If the box has to be replaced, then your recordings are gone.
I Plan to Stick Around

ThanX folks.

I will see what I can do when I get home from work.

Will be a shame if what I have recorded is completely gone.

No way to just take the drive out and drop it into another NextBox?

I'm a Senior Advisor

@TECHHEADwrote:

No way to just take the drive out and drop it into another NextBox?

No, the programming is "tied" to the specific box.

I noticed that you had possible signal issues a while back with Home Phone...

Did you get that sorted? Did you get your signal checked properly?  Many of these issues are caused by a poor signal in your home or neighbourhood.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M422...

I Plan to Stick Around

@57,

took my NextBox and power adapter to ,my nearest Rogers store and first swapped the power adapter and tested there in the store. The box booted up and I'm a happy camper.

As for the signal issue on my home phone line I haven't had the time to call Rogers. I'm on a couple days vacation at the end of the week and will call then.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Glad to here that solved the problem - I was wondering about the power supply - nextbox three has a built in power supply, the older ones had an external one, varied between models.

Good to hear.

Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor

@BSwrote:

Glad to here that solved the problem - I was wondering about the power supply - nextbox three has a built in power supply, the older ones had an external one, varied between models.

Good to hear.

Bruce

Actually, its t'other way around....older boxes have an internal power supply (and a simple power cord that plugs into the back) - the NB3 has an external power supply - which is why the OP was able to replace it and keep the box.

What's New
2018 VIVO IPL 11
April 7th - May 27th, 2017
Full Package
Sportsnet PPV: 377 HD | 378 SD
Price: $29.99
Playoff Matches
Sportsnet PPV: 348 HD | 250 SD
Price: $14.99/game
Full Details and Schedule

The VIVO IPL is a professional Twenty20 cricket league established by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) in 2007. The tournament features eight teams from across India with some of the most exciting and talented cricket players in the world! The 2018 season of the Indian Premier League, the VIVO IPL 11, begins its eleventh season on April 7th.

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 in conversation