Manage PVR on Web is BROKEN

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Manage PVR on Web is BROKEN

This started about a week ago, about the same time as people were reporting trouble signing into the Forum, which is now working for me at least.

When I go to rogersondemand.com here and click MANAGE PVR at the top, after signing in, I get this 404 screen:

sorry.jpg

This happens on my Windows 7 laptop and Windows XP desktop, using either Firefox or Chrome. It even happens with the browser on my Samsung smart TV. I've tried the browsers on my Android phone and tablets, but that just tells me to get the RAPTV app, which I already have and the app works, just not the web page anymore. I should note that everything else on the page still works, just not MANAGE PVR.

I contacted Rogers on their Facebook page and described the symptoms and tried all their suggestions to no avail, so a ticket was opened. This morning I talked to Rogers and the ticket was escalated.

So my question is, is anyone else having this same problem accessing MANAGE PVR using Windows?

***Edited Labels***

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Manage PVR on Web is BROKEN

I had it a few days ago (Error404) when I tried ManagePVR. I didn't pursue it as I usually use the Home Edition App on my ipad. I checked it just now from ManagePVR on Windows 10 and the programming guide opened up as it should.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I am getting the 404 error too on chrome.  I still have the forum issues on chrome.

I got in on Firefox to the anyplace manage my PVR site, and to the forum on it too.

So my issues are officially, today anyway, only on Chrome - have not done the cache and cookies clean yet.

For now, I will stick with Firefox and see how it goes.

I don't think I have ever had service websites provided by any company that has the intermittent issues that I have found on Rogers sites over the last few years.

I am tired of bouncing around on browsers, clearing cache and cookies, and commenting.

Uggh.

Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor

I cleared the cache and this resolved both issues on Chrome, but I will say again, this should not be required as much as Rogers sites force us to do this.

But at least it is fixed.

Bruce

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I posted this issue on digitalhome.com and a couple of people said it's working okay for them.  It was also suggested I try a different network, so I'll take my laptop with me on Thanksgiving and try on a relative's wifi. It that works, it may be something caused by my ISP.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Last night, about 7 pm, I received another automated email from Rogers re. my open ticket, but Manage PVR was still not working for me.  This morning it's working and I didn't even have to sign in.  I called Rogers and went through the steps and was told the ticket had now been closed, but no details on what exactly they did. But I was told to reference the ticket number if it happens again.

I'm a Senior Advisor

When I went to the usual website (http://www.rogersondemand.com) for "AnyPlace", to manage my PVR, I was confronted with something new. The website stated

"Find the new and improved Rogers Anyplace TV by clicking the button below to be directed to the new site. "

Unfortunately, after clicking that, I was then presented with

"Browser Unsupported
Sorry, this browser is not supported. Please sign in using another browser."

Apparently Chrome is the only supported browser so far, with some others "coming soon". My browser (FireFox) is not even mentioned.

Hey Rogers, perhaps you could leave the website as is until you've got it right? And where's my "Manage PVR" icon?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

The link to the new and improved Rogers Anyplace TV is as follows:

https://www.rogersanyplacetv.com/accounts/sign-in/

While there is no longer a tab to "Manage PVR", I did click on the "Recordings" tab and was confronted with the following message:

Coming Soon
Soon you'll be able to manage your recordings from your desktop and mobile devices. But for now, you can still use the Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition app to record your favourites.

Great job rogers to introduce something before it is even ready to use. Now we have no ability to program our PVRs using a desktop or a laptop. 

I Plan to Stick Around

THE STORY SO FAR...  Ive had the same issues as others here with the URL for desktop browsers coming and going.   The one thing Id mention is that the suggestion to make sure not to be logged in simultaneously to other Rogers sites (eg My Rogers) seems to really help.

TODAYS EPISODE...  The At Home URL redirects to a glitzy new web page

http://secure.rogersondemand.com/RAPTVSlate/SlatePage.aspx

where clicking [GO] takes you to

https://www.rogersanyplacetv.com/accounts/unsupported-browser-pc/

which states that only Chrome is supported, that Safari, Internet Exploder and MS Edge (?) are "coming soon" and THERE IS NO MENTION OF FIREFOX AT ALL!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

57 wrote:

When I went to the usual website (http://www.rogersondemand.com) for "AnyPlace", to manage my PVR, I was confronted with something new. The website stated

"Find the new and improved Rogers Anyplace TV by clicking the button below to be directed to the new site. "

Unfortunately, after clicking that, I was then presented with

"Browser Unsupported
Sorry, this browser is not supported. Please sign in using another browser."

Apparently Chrome is the only supported browser so far, with some others "coming soon". My browser (FireFox) is not even mentioned.

Hey Rogers, perhaps you could leave the website as is until you've got it right? And where's my "Manage PVR" icon?

I get exactly the same thing. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!

It was fixed for a couple of days and now it's completely DELIBERATELY broken.

This is what I get with Firefox:

unsupported.jpg

And when I reluctantly use Chrome and click RECORDINGS, all I get is this screen.

chrome.jpg

This is a serious problem and total disregard for customers after they had if fixed and working.  I'll be calling Rogers to re-open my ticket right away.  @CommunityHelps please help. A lot of customers are getting deliberately ignored.

Topic Stats
  • 56 replies
  • 17 Likes
  • 8 in conversation