TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Box reboot get stuck at 1

[ Edited ]
I Plan to Stick Around

Box reboot get stuck at 1

[ Edited ]

I moved my nextbox over to my desk and then i lost the picture, no cable or wires were disconnected

i rebooted the box and now it is on -01 (usually it goes from 01 to 05)

the other 2 boxes in the house work fine, any ideas as to what the problem is

***Edited Labels***

Re: Box reboot get stuck at 1

Resident Expert

Try moving the box to another cable outlet and see if it boots up. Sounds like a weak signal issue, either from a bad connector/coax cable. 

[ Edited ]
I'm an Advisor

[ Edited ]

@giantdevilfish:

As mentioned by @gp-se, this is very likely a signal issue. Signal issues are one of the main reasons people come to this forum.

You can call Rogers and they can check the signal remotely. Also, just because one box works at a certain location, doesn't mean that another will, because there are different tolerances in these boxes, and different requirements by different boxes.

You say you moved it without removing cables? Perhaps the cable feeding the box is slightly loose at one end or the other?

I'm an Advisor

I was also thinking that possibly a cable got lose, or maybe if it is an older cable there may be shorting going on at the connectors.  If you have any extra cables, trying switching them around.  Cables are known to losen up just from the heat of the box at times.  Been through that one a couple of times, in particular when I have been shifting things around.  Once it starts to losen, the heat can cause it to losen up more as it heats and cools.

To get stuck mid way means that it stopped in the checking.

From this reddit site on Rogers issues, it indicates that to be stuck at -01- means that it is not getting the signal from Rogers - since you just moved it around, first thought is the connection tightness, a loose or frayed cable connector, or a bad cable that just showed up with the move.

Each of the numbers represents 6 tests (I have seen somewhere on the Internet, what each test is doing, but can't remember where) - a tech at Rogers, I would hope would know what each of these codes mean.

Definitely a call in to check signal levels is warrented too.

Good luck and let us know the outcome.

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

So yeah is turned out that the one wire wasn't connected securly. After I tightened it, the problem was corrected. Thanks for all your help guys!

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation