cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask an Expert: Ignite TV

RogersRoland
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Alright everyone! The time has come, Product Managers @RogersJose and @RogersMichelle are here in the Community to answer all your questions about Ignite TV.

They will be answering all your questions on a first come - first serve basis. So please allow time for both RogersJose and RogersMichelle to reply to you. We will answer all questions and no one will be left out.

Remember, you must be a registered user to post a question. Not registered? Click here to sign up.

RogersRoland

60 REPLIES 60

Re: Ask an Expert: Ignite TV - LIVE NOW!

RogersRoland
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Here are some guidelines to keep the event running smoothly.  As always, our Community Guidelines and Terms of Use apply.

1. If you have a question, just simply reply to this thread. We will reply once we have an answer 😉

1. This is a live event; RogersJose and RogersMichelle will be available to answer questions throughout the event but please allow time for a response.

1. RogersJose and RogersMichelle will not be able to comment on products or services that haven't been announced so please keep the conversation on topic for the event and the Community.

Have fun!

HI, can I plug my computer into modem with a ethernet cable if I want faster speed?

tiger90
I'm here a lot

Hi, 

I have been with rogers for over 15 years, would like to switch but no real incentive, I would not qualify for Netflix free I have been told

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Are we going to see the app infinite tv allow us to schedule and control DVR?

Lurker
I'm a senior advisor
A lot of people (including myself) aren't seeing the value in the $150 install fee.

Are there any plans to offer a self-install option like Comcast does for its Xfinity product in the US?

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

I have some udio drop outs, what could be the cause?  My X6i are all hardwired 

Will I see the same internet speed throughout my house, not a big house

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

@tiger90 wrote:

HI, can I plug my computer into modem with a ethernet cable if I want faster speed?

I am wired through gigabyte switch and see 560d 

chrisuz91
I plan to stick around
Hi there,

Congratulations on the launch of Ignite TV! I understand that this is a great new product for Rogers, but the competition already has similar options. Will Ignite TV be priced competitively, or is this for a more niche audience?

Thank you!

are there plans to add more apps down the road?

@tiger90 wrote:

Hi @tiger90, great question!

It actually depends on your computer setup. If you have a network card capable of supporting the speeds, the wifi should suffice. However, if you are having any issues you can definitely connect your Ethernet cable and it should help your speed.

I have 500 speed internet now, but to drop price a little, does 150 work good enough?

RyzenFX
I'm a reliable contributor

Will Rogers be launching the Broadcom version of the XB6 modem soon? Smiley Happy 

Are you able to provide any comments on the testing for the Technicolour BCM3390 based XB6?  

1.  Is the testing progressing as planned.  Have there been any issues brought up that will delay deployment.

2.  Is there a projected date when that modem will be available to end users?

3.  Will the customers have a choice as to which modem they will receive?

4.  Has the modem been tested by Twitch uploaders and if so, what are the results, better than the current Intel Puma 6 and 7 modems or basically the same?  I'm expecting the results to be much better. 

5.  Are there any plans to make the Technicolour XB6 available to customers who are not Ignite TV customers?  Twitch uploaders will probably want to know this.

will the installer take away the old equipment?

@Biollw wrote:

Are we going to see the app infinite tv allow us to schedule and control DVR?

Hey @Biollw,

We don't currently offer this feature, but this is one of the features we are exploring.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor
I was told by my consierge that once on ignite tv you can not revert back...is that true?

@Lurker wrote:
A lot of people (including myself) aren't seeing the value in the $150 install fee.

Are there any plans to offer a self-install option like Comcast does for its Xfinity product in the US?

Hi @Lurker

We're looking to offer self-install to our customers. We'll let you know when we have more details to share.

timlocke
I plan to stick around

I checked out Ignite in a Rogers store today and have a couple more questions before committing to upgrade.

Can the Modem be placed in Bridge mode?

If so and there is a customer owned router then used as a router and Wifi access point ( a dual band router which supports N and ac)   can the tv boxes work through that router ?

Or do they have to connect to the Rogers provided WiFi access point?

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

The voice control is GREAT. Love it. One minor clutch...try saying "skip ahead two minutes"
Ir does not work, it thinks I said "skip ahead TO minutes" and it does a s each for MINUTES and find 13 Minutes on Netflix,

Also it would be nice to be able to customize the ABCD buttons.  Say A = MY recordings

Topic Stats
  • 60 replies
  • 26 Likes
  • 15 in conversation