TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Are Rogers 4k PVR 3.0 Digital Boxes Available for Purchase

[ Edited ]
I Plan to Stick Around

Are Rogers 4k PVR 3.0 Digital Boxes Available for Purchase

[ Edited ]

Hello: I was informed moments ago by a Rogers agent that the 4K PVR 3.0 Nextboxes are available either for rent or to purchase for Ontario customers. Seems I've been hearing or getting that same informatioin for months now and yet every time I call one of the Rogers stores for purchase, I'm told they have none available. Furthermore the Rogers agents have no way to check to see where there are any in stock at a specific store to avoid having you call twenty locations or more to try and locate one of these to buy. Does anyone know for sure if these 4K PVR Nextboxes are available to purchase ($500) and if so where to possibly locate one or how to locate one?

Thanks.

***Edited Labels***

Re: Are Rogers 4k PVR 3.0 Digital Boxes Available for Purchase

Resident Expert

Hello @oaky

Unfortunately you will need to call the stores your self and see if they have them in stock. There is no system to show which store has them as they don't have a inventory count to show all locations. Each location has its own system.. So no one can access it other then that store. No call center and no other stores can't.

Yes you can purchase it from what i know as my neighbour did get his yesterday. Most stores actually are told to rent them out instead of full out purchase instead.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Meowmix and thanks for sharing that information, much appreciated.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi again Meowmix: Any chance you know which location or which city he purchased his from? Just thinking I could contact that same store and purchase one there or have them send/ship it to me if it's not in my city (Ottawa). Rogers will ship them.

Thanks.

Resident Expert

Hello @oaky

You are welcome. He got it from downtown location at the Rogers store 333 Bloor street east. Unfortunately the stores do not ship them to the customers. The stores will only sell them to u if u go into the store. So u can't have them ship it too u. When calling into Rogers, can't they charge ur card and or account and have a tech drop it off for u?

I Plan to Stick Around

@oaky  You might want to hold off on your purchase.

Rogers is deploying a new service in the next year that may make that box obsolete;

http://about.rogers.com/cnwposts/rogers-partners-with-comcast-to-bring-rogers-customers-x1-next-gen-...

[ Edited ]
Resident Expert

[ Edited ]
Hello @Double_K

They won't make the current boxes obsolete.. They will keep them around for the ones that won't want to get IPTV and X1. That was confirmed by Rogers after the announcement in the meetings.

As for the OP, he or she may not be interested in waiting for another year to get a service that is still in development stages here in Canada ( for Rogers) and will cost much more then the current boxes / plans. Remember with new technology, new pricing comes along and since they have lost so much, they will either have the same pricing as now or charge a bit more.

Due remember that any current promotions for the 4K will not be available for the X1 platform. Only foe the current plans and boxes.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix, can you post the source for that confirmation by Rogers?

Also, the source for the postion that it will cost much more than the current boxes / plans.

Yes, the OP may not want to wait for IPTV, but at the very minimum, being aware of what's coming in 12 months, versus spending $500+ now on a PVR that won't work with IPTV (as proven by Shaw's BlueSky TV offering, which is also X1), is prudent.

As for Rogers' loss on IPTV...they're already recovering that from current customers; https://forums.redflagdeals.com/rogers-5-price-increase-all-existing-tv-customers-2089392/

Resident Expert

Hello @Double_K

Any new technology or product that comes out will have a cost. Knowing Rogers they will either charger more or the same price as i said above. We shall see. They won't lower the pricing to be honest. Especially with the 4K.

Yes that's true but it's up to the OP what they want Smiley Happy.

[ Edited ]
I Plan to Stick Around

[ Edited ]

Great and thanks again Meowmix. Always appreciated.

What's New!
WWE: Backlash LIVE
Sunday May 21, 2017
LIVE: 8:00 PM ET
PPV Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD)
Price: $54.99
WWE Network Channel: 512 | 398 (Atl)
Price: $12.99
Full Details

In the aftermath of WrestleMania, new feuds will arise while old rivalries will continue to wage on. Don't miss Dean Ambrose, Randy Orton, AJ Styles, Bray Wyatt, and all your favorite WWE Superstars. LIVE Sunday May 21st on Sportsnet PPV at 8pm ET. PPV event is $54.99 HD/SD or can be seen through the WWE Network on Rogers Cable which includes all PPV’s and thousands of hours of WWE Content for $12.99/mo. Call 1-888-ROGERS1 to order the WWE Network

2017 VIVO IPL 10
April 5th - May 21st, 2017
Full Details and Schedule

The VIVO IPL is a professional Twenty20 cricket league established by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) in 2007. The tournament features eight teams from across India with some of the most exciting and talented cricket players in the world!​ The 2017 season of the Indian Premier League, the VIVO IPL 10, begins its tenth season on April 5th.

Topic Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation