Anyplace TV - Apple TV and NVIDIA Sheild TV Support

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Anyplace TV - Apple TV and NVIDIA Sheild TV Support

Was wondering if there is any knowledge of the anyplace tv app coming to Android TV and Apple TV.

I have a NVIDIA Sheild TV and a Apple TV  Would be great if the app would work on these.

They are both way more powerful and capable then the current rogers boxes. Plus I don't want to have to add another cable box to my tv.

Thanks.

***Edited Labels***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Anyplace TV - Apple TV and NVIDIA Sheild TV Support

You will not find any advance notice regarding this here, for competitive and confidentiality reasons.  It is possible that eventually it will be available on certain boxes.  In the meantime, you can of course use a tablet, phone, computer/browser to access Anyplace and "connect" to your TV if desired:  See the second dropdown and any others of interest in the link below:

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/anyplace-tv-overview

I'm a Senior Advisor

The link is blank once again - changes coming??

Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor

57 wrote:

In the meantime, you can of course use a tablet, phone, computer/browser to access Anyplace and "connect" to your TV if desired: 

This information I provided earlier may no longer be correct. Apparently the new Anyplace TV app allows you to watch on the device, but no longer allows for "casting" from tablet or phone?  I'm not sure if an HDMI connection from computer works. Would appreciate hearing from people who have attempted to "connect" to a TV from various devices using Anyplace TV.

I also reported the dead link...

I've Been Around

Does anyone know if its possible to sideload the Android Anyplace TV app onto the shield?

I've Been Around

Nope

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers better step up their game as Bell Fibe just released their Android TV app today.

I've Been Around

Back to Rogers/

I recently came back to Rogers after 6 weeks with Bell, Bells tech was so much better, but Rogers deal was too good.

My only gripe I suppose is that in the sales call where I came back to Rogers the rep promised things I was pretty sure wasn't true. She said that any smart tv would work like another cable box, now I doubted this but asked her again if she was sure and she said yes and then they would send an experience senior tech who would do it for me.

Anyway, does anyone know if Rogers has plans for Anyplacetv apps for firestick or apple tv or android tv? The firestick bell Fibe app is incredible and could really use something similar from Rogers or is everything just a bridge until the switch everyone to Ignite TV and we shouldn't expect much from current Rogers apps?

Hello, @itsgettinglate1

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

I appreciate posting your query regarding the Anyplace TV app in the Community.

At the moment, the app is available for Android devices (phones and tablets) and Apple devices (iPhones and iPads). 

We will definitely share with the Community if the app becomes available on other platforms. Thank you for understanding!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I'm Here A Lot

@RogersMoin,

I'm looking forward from Rogers to develop those apps for Android Boxes and the Apple TV. Bell has those apps long time ago, even the iOS app shows up on the Apple watch as a Remote!!

So Rogers? What's the hold up here!??
What's New
WWE: Summerslam LIVE
Sunday August 19, 2018
LIVE: 8:00 PM ET
PPV Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD)
Price: $54.99
WWE Network Channel: 512 | 398 (Atl)
Price: $12.99
Full Details

Get ready for the biggest party of the summer. Don't miss Brock Lesnar, AJ Styles, Ronda Rousey, Roman Reigns, Alexa Bliss and all your favorite Raw and SmackDown Superstars at the hottest event of the summer. Live on Sportsnet pay-per-view or on the WWE Network, channel 512 (Onatio/Atlantic)

Ask an Expert: Ignite TV

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 in conversation