TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any 4K PVR Pics Or Downloadable Instructions Available Online?

[ Edited ]
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Any 4K PVR Pics Or Downloadable Instructions Available Online?

[ Edited ]

I'm curious to see pics of the new 4K PVR, especially the rear connections of the CAV10455

*Edited Labels*

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted

Re: Any 4K PVR Pics Or Downloadable Instructions Available Online?

Resident Expert

Hello @pmcsplaza

Here are images I took and posted them on the other thread when the 4K PVR came out.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

I Plan to Stick Around

I too am curious about whether or not an owners manual is available. Our NB3 (9865) bit the dust yesterday and when we brought it in for exchange, they handed us the CAV10455 as a replacement. All I was able to find so far was this.

http://www.technicolor.com/en/solutions-services/connected-home/video-devices/cable-set-top-boxes/ca...

I am also interested to know if the USB port is operational and whether or not there is "high-speed Internet access and connected TV services" as described in the list of features. Any help is much appreciated. 

[ Edited ]
Resident Expert

[ Edited ]
Hello @Dugi

There was no manual that came with any of the Nexboxes. They all came from online from Cisco or Technicolour. Some of us made a manual with all the technical stuff we knew as well but came from the manufacturers source.

I provided images of the back and front of the box on the link above. As for now the Internet is not enabled by Rogers. It may be in the future as they made comments they will have Netflix but not at this moment. They should be able to do it with IPTV starts.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you @Meowmix for your reply. What about the "Media Sharing functions using the USB 3.0 port for plugging of HDD." According to the info from my link with the "SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port, the end-user can easily share music, data and pictures on the TV screen." Thanks again.

Resident Expert

Hello @Dugi

Its not ended on the Software Rogers added. The only way to use the USB 3.0 is for the extender HDD to record more shows / movies. At this moment that's the only function enabled for it. They might enable it for more functions later on.

[ Edited ]

[ Edited ]

So from what I've read here and in other threads, this box does not have 2 HDMI out ports on the rear panel.

What a shame.   That means, when I get my UHD TV, I'm going to have to use the processing power of my Oppo UDP-203's HDMI - In port, in order to carry video to the TV and sound to my old, but too expensive to replace, saudio/video system.   So the Oppo will have to be on most of the time, unless I'm listening to another sound source.

2 remotes needed, darn it.

The people that design these boxes are certainly minimalists.

(P.S. sorry about reviving an old thread).

Peter
Toronto

Resident Expert

Hello @pmcsplaza

That is correct. I had posted images of the rear of the box on the thread as well (i believe the 4K PVR box thread and it's on my profile to view as well.) and also confirmed it only has 1 HDMI output port.

It seems Technicolor is responsible for the design as the box is from them ( Cisco basically as Technicolour bought them).

I would direct this to their support team and let them know.

Thanks.

Peter
Toronto

Resident Expert

Hello @pmcsplaza

I just sent off a email as well to Technicolour about the decision on why only one HDMI port but most likely Rogers took that box as next year they will be releasing the IPTV with Comcast X1 platform.

Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 in conversation